Chapter 2 - Breaking the Lines

"Tipp!" Caitlin screeched, as I got out of my newly bought car at London Colney. She came over to me, hugging me tight, as Lia Walti, stood behind her.

"Hello," I said, laughing to my Matildas team mate.

"Aren't you glad to see me?" she asked, sarcastically.

"Of course I am," I replied, nudging her slightly.

"Lia, this is Tipp."

"Tippah," I said to Lia, holding out my hand.

"Hey," she replied, shaking it and smiling, before walking inside the building.

"Now," Caitlin started to say, "what the fuck happened." I knew this conversation was going to have to happen, I just wanted it to be a little later on in the day, or, even better, never.

Just as I was about to speak, a person came up behind me, trapping my arms.

"TIPPY!" Steph squealed.

"Stefy!" I replied, turning around and hugging my vice captain.

"Wow, you've grown," she joked.

"Hardly," I replied. "It's been two months."

"Still," Steph said, smiling. We three walked inside, talking away as they caught me up on everything I needed to know before joining The Arsenal. I did remind them that I had in fact already signed, but they didn't care, and neither did I. I was glad to have two of my good friends showing me the ropes, and holding my hand throughout this entire experience. I needed that.

As we sat in the common area, I was introduced to many different people, from different corners of the earth, but I was also reunited with those I hadn't seen in ages.

"DUDE!" I said, as I saw my ex-teammate walk through the door.

"Hello Tippsy," Tobin said, coming over to me, and giving me a small hug.

"Been a long time," I said, as Tobin said beside me on the couch. She had joined Arsenal at the start of the season, something that I had forgotten about.

"Yeah, it has."

"How's Christen?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's good. How's Ellie?" Tobin said. I was about to speak; open my mouth and tell her, but I was thankfully interrupted.

"Hello," a London voice said to me. I knew who it was. That voice had been playing over and over again in my head. I looked up, seeing Leah stand in front of me.

"Hey," I said to her.

"Nice number," she said, pointing to my new Arsenal shorts that had the number 18 printed on them. I chuckled at her, before she walked off, leaving Tobin and I talking.

"So..." Tobin said.

"What?" I asked, not remembering what we were talking about before.

"How's Ellie?" she asked.

"Oh... yeah she's good." Tobin smiled at me, before it was time for a team meeting.

As I walked into the meeting, I was guided into a row by Steph and Caitlin, we chatted together, and before I knew it, she was beside me too. She had come and sat beside me.

"What are you going to sing?" Leah asked, before Jonas started talking.

"Huh?"

"Initiation song?" Leah prompted. She sat with her legs in front of her, leaning back into her chair, and arms crossed. Her entire presence was captivating. I couldn't look away.