Chapter 25 - My Now

I stayed in her room as long as I could, hiding away so no one could find me. I had messages - from Caitlin, Lia, Finn, and even Eden - but my phone was in the back of my mind. All I was focusing on was her. Was Leah.

"I really should go," Leah said, as she held me in her arms. My head was nuzzled into her shoulder, my hand on her collarbone.

"No," I said, like a kid. "You don't." She chuckled, before kissing my head softly and pulling my chin up to look at her.

"Yes, I do. I have a game tomorrow."

"How do you feel?" I asked. "About the game?"

"I'm alright," she replied, somewhat confidently. "It'll be okay." She gave me one last soft kiss before getting out of bed. She grabbed her uniform, before walking back over to me, sitting on the edge of the mattress.

"You're going to be okay?" she asked.

"I'll be fine. I'll see you at Wembley." She smiled softly, holding my chin and placing a delicate, but passionate kiss on my lips.

"I'll be waiting for it," she answered. She started walking towards the door when she turned around to say something more. "Oh, you may want to put that jumper on. Don't want you to get in trouble... or me for that matter." I nodded my head, smiling at her as she closed the door behind her.

I lay back down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling, a smile not leaving my face, until I remembered.

I can't believe I nearly fucked this up. I can't believe I nearly chose something else over this. Over her. How could I have been so stupid?

I grabbed my phone, looking at the messages.

Caitlin: where did u go?

Caitlin: hellooooo?

Lia: hello?? U left so early? I was going to make breakfast :(

Finn: girl, u have to go to bora bora #besthoneymoonever

Eden: ellie told me what happened... want to talk

Huh? Ellie told her, before even telling me?

Tippah: Sorry, what?

Eden: Shit...

Tippah: you better fucking spill Eden Harriette

Eden: no, no, i just meant that u guys hung out n stuff.

Tippah: you've always been a shit liar.

Eden: right back at u

Tippah: ur my sister, not hers

Eden: fine. Ill come to ur place.

Tippah: okay.

Eden: be there in 20

I breathed a sigh of relief before I thought about it: 20 minutes! I wouldn't make it in time for that.

I grabbed my stuff, pulling Leah's England jumper over my head, hoping to blend in as one of the players as I passed through reception.

It worked, and I felt the fresh air on my face while I walked down the street to grab the Uber I had just called.

"North London," I said, giving him the exact address. I saw on the driver's phone that it would take 30 minutes; hopefully, Eden would be late. She's been late for the past 12 years, surely another 30 minutes wouldn't hurt.

I arrived home, getting my key out to find Eden already sitting inside, on my couch, with a soft drink in her hand.

"How the fu-" I said before she interrupted.