Chapter 4 - Falling

I woke up, my body entangled with hers. I stared at the blonde that lay beside me. Her eyes fluttered softly as she slept, and this time, despite all my brain telling me I should, I didn't leave. I stayed there. I stayed beside her.

She soon started to wake up, and I continued to stare at her.

"Hey," she said, her English accent more prevalent than I remembered it to be.

"Morning," I replied. She chuckled slightly, before grabbing some water from my bedside table. "That is not water." She spat the clear liquid back into the cup. I didn't remember leaving that there.

"Shit, sorry," I soon said, getting up and grabbing the glass. "It was from yesterday." I went to the bathroom pouring the drink down the sink, and filling it up with water to hand to Leah.

"Thanks," she said, grabbing the water and flushing that down. "Much better." I sat on the edge of the bed, as she lay there. I felt her eyes on me, as I looked out the window.

"What time does today start?" I asked her, forgetting our schedule. I was good at forgetting. It helped me more than I knew, but also, it was a detriment, especially with training.

"12," she replied, "so we better go."

"We?" I asked her.

"How are you going to get there? You don't have a car," she said. I had forgotten that I left my car at the pub the night previous.

"Right, yeah, sounds good." She looked up at me, quite confused, but as I stood off the bed, she got out, grabbing a shirt, and heading to the kitchen.

I followed in after her, going straight to the coffee machine.

"Want one?" I asked her.

"Yeah, thanks," she replied. I started making two coffees (one for her and one for me) not knowing what any of this meant. It meant nothing. That's what she said. That's what I said. I had to know that. I did know that.

"Look, Tipp, about last night-" Leah started to say.

"It's okay," I replied. "It's nothing, right?" I turned around, to look at her, and something changed in her eyes.

"Yeah, its nothing." I nodded my head, turning around to attend back to the coffees. I soon passed her a mug, before heading back into my room to change into my kit.

"Make whatever you want," I said to Leah, before getting changed. "There's bread, and yoghurt, and shit." She nodded her head as she continued sipping her coffee, while I went into the other room.

"Fuck," I said to myself leaning against the door. I went to my bedside table, wanting to find the glass I always had beside my bed. "Shit." I had thrown it down the sink. I wanted a drink. Even a sip. Fuck.

I tried pushing the thought to the back of my mind, as I rummaged through my closet trying to find my kit. Where had I put it?

I found it in my bag, after a few minutes of looking around the room. I quickly put on the shorts, and top, the number 18 printed so clearly for everyone to see.

"Tipp?" Leah called out. "We should go." I came out, ready to leave.

"This early?" I asked her.

"We have to go via mine. I don't have my shorts."

"Got a top?" I asked her.

"Yeah but-"

"Just wear my other pair," I responded, going into the kitchen, to make myself some breakfast.

"But-"

"Leah, there's no point heading all the way to yours. We wouldn't make it in time. Just grab a pair of my trackies or shorts or something. There in the wardrobe." She looked at me, trying to work out how to reply.