Chapter 5 - Peace

We were caught, although not as bad as I thought. Photos of Leah and me on the train were spreading all around twitter. Thankfully, none of them were of us kissing, but Leah's hand holding mine was present in most of the photos that were circulating. I didn't know whether to wake her up or not. I didn't want to scare her away. She was a private person, and had been like that since her and Jordan broke up. I didn't want her to wake up, and feel vulnerable. Since becoming England captain, the whole country's eyes were on her. I didn't want to make it all worse.

I turned my phone off, deciding to play ignorant the next morning.

"You okay?" Leah asked, softly, turning over to face me. She must've woke up.

"Yeah," I responded, placing a hand on her cheek. I could see her soft smile under the moonlight, and no sooner had she woken up did she fall back to sleep. She was the epitome of peace. She was my peace.

Leah woke up before me the next morning, and as I stirred, I saw her on her phone.

"Hey," I said, groggily.

"Hi," she replied. I thought about going on with my original plan, but I knew there was no point.

"You seen it?" I asked her.

"Yep. Did you?" She looked at me as she asked, her eyes looking not worried but confused.

"Last night," I replied.

"Right," she soon said. "Oh well, not much we can do." I was surprised about this response. This didn't seem as if it would be something Leah would say. I was expecting more nerves, or anger, or frustration. But no. She was calm.

"Yeah, I guess there isn't."

"And besides, who cares anyways?"

"Who are you and where did Leah Williamson go?" I joked. She picked up a pillow, hitting me softly. "Hey!"

"Don't be mean!" she laughed.

"I'm not," I answered, looking back at her.

"It's fine," Leah said, probably trying to convince herself just as much as me.

"It is fine," I confirmed.

"Well, you better get up," Leah soon said. "We have a game to get to." I sighed softly, knowing that this would be my debut. We were playing Brighton at Borehamwood, and I was ready to step out, but also nervous.

"What time is the game?" I asked Leah, as we sat together having breakfast.

"Six, I think," Leah responded.

"Okay, so we have time to get my car before that, and I can go home and grab some clothes," I soon said.

"Good plan," Leah responded.

After we had eaten, Leah dropped me off at the pub to grab my car, and we said goodbye to one another.

As I drove home, I had time to reflect on what a hectic few days it had been. Something was happening, and I liked that it was, however, it scared me. Scared me that I would fuck it up, just like I had before. I had ruined one relationship, so who is to say I won't ruin the next one? It all worried me too much.

When I arrived home, I headed straight to the liquor cabinet, grabbing myself a drink to calm not only the nerves of the game but also the anxieties I had acquired over the past few days.

I soon had a phone call from Finn.

"Hey," I said into the facetime.

"Tippah Scarlette Jones! You have some fucking explaining to do," Finn soon said, surprising me.