Q&A

Will there be a second book?

This story is so long that it already is two books, but no. The story is done. As I explained in the author's note, the issues in this world are deep. It's not just about killing the bad guy and saving the world. I feel this is good enough. The world is moving towards a brighter future while Lore and Seren have a chance to be a family. That's more than good enough.

Will there be a spin-off with the other characters?

Nope.

Will there be a wedding scene between Lore and Seren?

Nope.

When Lore and Seren get married, will there be surname changes?

I went back and forth on this one a lot. I was thinking maybe Lore would take Seren's last name as a kind of stepping point for him too, moving away from his harsh past with the Seymour family. But I could also see Seren hyphenating, so Seren Farshine-Seymour. I'm honestly not sure, but either is cute lol

Where would they go on their honeymoon?

I don't see them going on one. They'd have a small wedding for people close to them, and that's it. Maybe a family vacation though? Something where everyone could go, like a beach so the kids could have fun.

Why did the church send Seren to investigate Lore? Seren was asking himself this question, and that made me curious too.

The same reason that was brought up, the church didn't like Lore. He was someone who could potentially be the serial killer, so they sent someone to see if they could maybe frame him for it. They just happened to be right in their judgment.

Who killed Ayden Marshalls?

Ikehn. Lore already suspected Ikehn of crimes, so when he killed Ayden, Lore used it as a way to inspect Seren's investigative skills.

Was it Lore who ordered the brothel to be shot down?

Yeah. Draven used his trait to put a mission to shoot up the brothel into the gang's mind. Lore knew there would be casualties, but wanted the patrons and owners dead, so he considered the collateral damage worth it.

Will Jakoby, Miss Harmony, or Lord Phaeron show up again in the couple's future? I rather liked them.

No. Seren and Lore are not the type to be hospitable to each other's previous partners. Seren would be uncomfortable, and if you like Jakoby you wouldn't want Lore around him. If he ever tried anything with Seren (intentionally or not,) Lore would probably sneak behind Seren's back to make Jakoby "disappear," in a much more permanent way.

Did Lore have a hand in Lady Roxanne Sarron's death?

Yes, Lore killed her.

How did the rest of the children take the realization that their Papa is dating Seren now?

The younger kids were fine with it. The older kids, like Reegan, Isabell, and Darika would be a bit distant at first since they fully understand who Seren was and would still have some semblance of distrust, but ultimately be fine with it.

When or ever will Aja's body be found?

Lore usually hides bodies he doesn't want found, so probably never.

Lore knew that Seren was really sent to investigate him and that Aja was working at Trinia when Seren was there. How does he stay up-to-date about the goings-on at the church?

Lore suspected Seren was sent to investigate him because why else would the church, who hates him, send a paladin to stay at his place. That's just a deduction. As for who works at the church, that isn't private. He just has to ask some officers for work records of priests who worked in Trinia around the time Seren was training. He's a good investigator.