𝓣𝓦𝓞

I sit at one of the long tables at the very back of the lecture class, struggling to keep an eye open. I was only able to get a couple of hours of sleep before I had to wake up.

I'm really feeling the effects now.

The professor continues talking about... well, I don't know, I'm barely managing to sit up right.

My eyes continue to slide closed against my will, the noises around me fading into background.

My head begins feeling like a heavy weight dragging me down, weight piling on more and more as the seconds tick by.

"Ouch!!" I screech, my forehead buzzing from the impact of hitting my head. My hand reaches to rub my head attempting to soothe the pain. I look at my hand looking to see if there's blood on it. There's not, obviously there wouldn't be Emalia you didn't hit it that hard.

"I said, if there was a problem."

I look up to find Dr. Taylor, the professor, glaring at me looking about ready to kick me out. Shame creeps up to my face, my eyes trying to look anywhere but him.

"I'm sorry; I'm, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to interrupt you, sir." I rush to get the words out speaking just loud enough for him to hear me. Usually I don't have a problem speaking with others but right now... I do.

My discomfort becomes very apparent when my palm, enclosed with last night's bandage, begins to feel its familiar itching. The feel of not only Dr. Taylor's stare but also everyone else's in class causes the urge to scratch to intensifies.

The room remains quiet. I feel beads of sweat forming on my forehead, I remove the hand from my palm, that was beginning it's digging, and run it across my forehead.

I hesitantly look up at the class moving my eyes to Dr. Taylor's; his thin lips formed into a straight tight line, his face pinched with a mixture of annoyance and anger.

I nod my head with disappointment understanding what he wants, I collect the pink pen and notebook from the table shoving them into my bag. I quickly rush to the stairs, taking them two at a time, my ankle really feeling last nights injury as I rush to escape the feel of everyones eyes. I look down at the carpeted stairs heat coloring my cheeks.

"Don't disrupt my class again." I hear him say before the door closes behind me.

I stand in the hallway now wide awake and embarrassed. I look at the door to the class hearing a click sound coming from it.

It must be because it's morning; everyone's a little grumpy then.

I look down the bright hall and walk towards the exit door. I walk pass dozens of doors that lead to classrooms, most empty, before I reach the door.

The sun immediately welcomes me once I step outside; I look up at the sky, the brightness making me squint.

I take in the fresh air of the morning, loving the feel of the sun on my tan skin. The sky is bright blue holding fluffy clouds, it's beautiful.

I stay there for a while just gazing up till I finally move catching sight of a girl looking at me with a weirded out expression. Maybe I was there too long, she might think I'm crazy.

I smile bright at her showing that I'm perfectly sane but she walks away hitting my shoulder as she passes.

It's because it's morning, I nod in understanding, choosing to tell myself that rather than the probable truth.

I look at down at the leather black watch on my wrist, 9:26. It used to be my Pa's watch, Ma had given it to my on my thirteenth birthday; the watch is loose around my wrist, the clasp unable to be adjusted into a different size but it's still the best present I've ever gotten. It's leather is torn from use making me love it more, he wore it often, I will too.