𝓕𝓞𝓤𝓡𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝

Alaric carries the bucket filled heavily with the silver coins, the veins of his hand becoming more prominent underneath the inky black tattoos of his hand that disappear up his sleeve.

Despite having said I would no longer stare at him I couldn't help letting my gaze linger on his hand that held the far too real looking image of a huge spider that looked as if it were crawling up his hand going to disappear under his sleeved shirt. Everything about him was beautiful, from his eyes to his master pieces of art drawn on his skin. I wondered what other tattoos he had. Ughh it was none of my business i need to stop thinking about stuff like this.

No more looking Emalia; I refused to lose a friend because he thought I was some sort of stalker or something.

"Thanks for hanging out with me." I smile up at him. He said nothing, didn't smile or nod but it didn't matter him being here was enough. The dinging of a bell breaks away his gaze, "That's the pizza come on."

We walk the short distance, towards the counter where there sat the beautifully freshly done pizza with grease surrounding the perimeter of the pan and the cheese looking perfectly gooey with the dozens of pepperonis sitting on top. "It's mesmerising," I whispered feeling my mouth water with anticipation.

Alaric went to reach for the pizza but I automatically stopped him "I got this, you're carrying the bucket already." Alaric didn't need to hold a heavy bucket and also burn his hand. Every time I'd ordered a pizza, the pan was always extremely hot, I'd even gotten a second degree burn last time but that was a small sacrifice to pay for how delicious it was.

The familiar burn was nothing to break my love for the pizza. "Let's go sit." I motioned towards the little booths in the corner trying to pick up my pace as the pain increased without letting any of the grease spill from the pan and onto my skin or the ground.

"Why do you look like that?" I heard Alaric ask just as we made it to the table and I quickly laid the pizza down.

"When my parents had me I came out looking like them." I quickly answered thoughtlessly glancing at my inflamed hands and sliding into the booth.

" That's not what I was referring to." He answered as he sat down across from me and reached towards my wrist flipping them palm side up. At the sight of the deep red and small blisters already forming Alaric slowly turned his gaze up towards my face, he let go of one of my wrist touching the pan then grabbing my wrist and bring it closer.

"Why did you let this happen?" He said roughly in total contrast to his careful touch as he ran a finger over the blisters and the bandage on my left hand.

For a second my mind drew only towards our point of contact, each swipe of his warm fingers causing an increasing pain that was irrelevant when compared to the butterflies swirling around my stomach.

"Meine schöne?"

I looked at up at him his gaze blaring with accusation, "It's nothing, really."

"Why didn't you let me grab it or used something to grab it." He asks shooting an accusing look towards the pizza.

"There was no need for any of that, this will go away within the week don't worry." I brushed him off, slipping my hands out of his grasp and grabbing a slice.

"What's the bandage for?" He doesn't budge reaching for left hand again.

"A cut." I say over while chewing on my pizza. "Hurry up and eat so we can play." I said looking towards the blinking lights of all the games.

"How did you get it?"

I glanced back at him; it took me by surprise to see the intent angry look in his eye. "It's really not that bad, I just put the bandage so I wouldn't make it worse. I get anxious sometimes and end up digging my nails into my palm but I'm trying to stop." I told him the complete truth trying to ease his anger because I know it wasn't good but nothing would happen I was fine, more then fine, if anything i was ecstatic in this moment. I was finally making friends, i had a job, and this was my final year in college.