𝓔𝓘𝓖𝓗𝓣

"How did you know what my name was before I said it?" He doesn't move or say anything just continues looking down at his phone screen. "Alaric?" Alaric looks up at the mention of his name dropping the phone and letting out a low sigh.

"Why do care?" My smile drops and my body sags at his tone. He might not have had a great night. It's nothing personal, not personal. "I'm just, uhm, curious." The room stays quiet as quiet as you can get with the blaring music only slightly muffled. At least it makes this conversation a tid bit less awkward. "I asked." He unhelpfully informs.

"Are you serious? That tells me literally nothing. Common, give me more."

"No."

"Yes."

"Jack."

"The owner! You know Jack? How do you know him?"

"That's enough."

"But-" Alaric cuts off the coming question with nothing but a shake of his head. "Alright. I'll drop this, for now." Nothing comes from him, he doesn't talk nor do I as a thought crosses my mind. He asked for me! He likes me! I knew it.

"What?" Noticing my deranged smile Alaric actually talks first without being provoked. "You like me. You really do wanna be my friend! This is great!" I hadn't been really sure about the whole him wanting a friend thing but this confirms it. He really did want one! Who asks about a random person without wanting them for something? Nobody. He really really did want a friend.

Alaric's phone pings just as he opens his mouth. "Is that the food?" His eyes stay glued to my face for a couple seconds, his mouth opens with his unspoken words. "Not the food?" I ask feeling anxiety and self conscious all over again.

"Don't look at me." His eyebrow lifts and he looks about ready to ask another question which is a bit surprising. He always looks so uninterested in everything. His hand runs through his already slightly messy hair and with a shake of his head, his face is returned to its usual tight expression.

When he looks down at his phone his black hair is on full view and looks so soft I'm tempted to stand up and touch his head. I wouldn't but... no I wouldn't. "It's here." I focus back on his face completely confused for a second on what's here. "Oh! Yea, yea. Imma go for it. I'll be right back."

I rise back to my feet, feeling them cry in protest. I should start taking another day off, I'm really tired. Reaching my hand over my head I quickly stretch feeling a few muscles pop, I'm getting old. I move out the room going to shut the door but before being able to I'm welcomed with Alaric's chest.

"Let's go."

I shake my head "Don't worry, I got it."

He pushes me forward closing the door behind me "Go."

"P," he doesn't get the hit so I help him a bit more "plea," he stares blankly at me looking completely clueless "se." He scrunches his face, physically cringing at my attempt to make him say please. "You'll say it one day." By the look of his face, he completely has no intention of saying it anytime and I'm honestly on his side on this one, I don't think he'll say it, but one can hope.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

We sit back on our designated couches staring at the five bags of food. I might have gotten a bit overboard with it; I wasn't sure what he likes.

"Well eat up." I smile sliding the bags closer to him. Alaric make no move to dig in so I take it upon myself to motivate him, by getting food, for myself; I take out a burger, fries, and some chicken nuggets well we're at it. "Can you pass me one." I point to the five drinks sitting right in front of him. He lifts up both of the cup holders bringing them closer to me, I pick the Oreo milkshake.

"Alaric you better eat, I spent too much money on this."

"I paid." I narrow my eyes. I had just been about to pay when his ridiculously huge hand cut me off beating me to the punch.

I swallow the barely chewed bite "I'm gonna pay you back, after I'm finished eating. At this point  the food is the only thing that matters, not the money; I will pay you back, though, don't worry."

Alaric looks at me as I devour the burger finally joining in after a full two minutes of staring. I would have felt shy or weird with his eyes on me, but I was way too busy.

Together, we sit eating fast food in night club. I should be working but instead I'm here shoving chicken nuggets into my mouth with a customer who rather than taking shots is emptying milkshake cups, I knew he would love them.

"What do you do for fun?" he says nothing opening up the lid to his birthday batter milkshake and downing the rest of it's contents. "I like to read sometimes, or watch tv."

"Well?" I ask after my question hanging in the air.

Setting down the cup, he sighs. With irritation clear in his tone he asks "Why are you asking me?"

"Don't you see? I just want to get to know you, don't you want to know me too?" He shakes his head and I won't lie my joy slightly gets dimmed in the process. Its alright, if he doesn't feel like it I shouldn't push. "Okay, that's okay." the words are barely audible but he hears non the less.

Maybe it was the two cheese burgers or the dozen chicken nuggets but my appetite had completely diminished making the sight of the food turn my stomach. I actually wasn't supposed to stay in the room unless the customer, him in this case, explicitly said or needed me to deliver something.

I should go.

I take one of the empty bags filling it with empty fry, burger, nugget, and drink containers needing the aid of a second bag to carry it all out. "What are you doing?" I look down at what I'm doing. It looks pretty obvious to me, "Uh, cleaning?"

"Leave it," he hesitates for a couple seconds "we'll do it later." We? Is he planning to help? I laugh at the idea "No, it's fine." I go on, pilling just the last bit of trash.

"Swim."

"What?"

"I like to swim. Now sit."

I shrug my shoulders, fine by me! He wants me in here, I'll stay, besides, I guess I could use one more cheese burger.

"So, swimming huh."

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚
Word count- 1116