𝓣𝓦𝓔𝓛𝓥𝓔

"You could waste time now?" Was this his way of saying he can hang out? That's a horrible way to express yourself. Plus I was working.

"I'm giving you my time." He roughly said, as he looked away and yanked his hand away from mine to run it through what must have previously been perfectly styled black hair but was now slightly messy and wild making him look all the more beautiful, which was greatly unfair for the rest of us less lovely looking people.

"I'm I supposed to be honoured?" I laughed, thinking he was joking before recalling he's never done that, at least with me. I looked back at his expression watching it tightened like before. "Oh, you're not kidding. Ok.Well, uh," struggling to find the next words I shook my head, and moved away from him to try and hide my humor. He could waste time now? Well geez, am I grateful. I couldn't help but laugh. We were gonna have to work on his people skills.

"Why are you laughing?" His stoney voice called.

Still unable to look at him without a proper expression, I turned completely away from him, "No reason!" I called. "I'll be right back." I rushed off not really sure towards where till I end up in front of Henry.

"Sorry I'll get right back to work, I just got a little distracted give me a second." I guess it was nice of him to want to waste his time with me; no one had ever phrased wanting to spend time with me in such an insulting way, though I wasn't all that hurt.

Henry, glancing back towards the direction of Alaric, turned pink frantically shuffling a few of the menus behind the reception table organising and reorganising what he'd organised, "I totally do not care that you're taking a second, especially because it not busy, but the boss looks like someone just dumped a pile of shit on him and you really should try to look busy before he fires us like he did Olivia."

"What?" Confused, I scanned around the space passing the dozens of tables the circular bar every possible visual inch all to come up empty. Olivia was always here, she always walked around in her pristine pantsuit looking to tell on anything wrong we did to Jack.

"She got fired."

"She got fired." I repeated tasting the words in my own tongue. She got fired. Her. Fired.

Uh oh, if she got fired that meant anyone of us could be next.

Immediately I looked at my surroundings trying to find something out of place but to my devastation everything was already impeccably clean and shiny; maintenance is great dang it, they need a raise. And I need to find something to do, I almost wanted someone to spill their food so I could clean it but I didn't want the food to go to waste. "Ok, I'm gonna go find something to do. Thanks for telling me!"

Speed walking away I circle back to Alaric's table remembering I hadn't even asked him what he wanted. That was terrible customer service. I was gonna be next on the chop board, I could feel it with the anxiety beginning to bundle up in my gut.

"Hi, I hadn't asked you what you wanted, I'm sorry." Shrugging away my feelings, I went to reach for the iPad forgetting I didn't get it. "Excuse me, I'll be right back." Ugh, I always do something wrong, even this morning with the stupid ten. Not even fully turned towards away from him his demanding voice called, "Sit."

He always wants me to sit. "I can't.

"Why?" His face scrunched clearly upset with the denial that I felt almost never came for him.

"Because I'm at work." I gently explained

"You had no issue last time." He wasn't wrong but right now truly wasn't the time.

I scoff, "Last time we were in a private."

"Do want me to get another room?" He asked dead serious as if the room didn't cost thousands of dollars.

"No that is not what I'm saying. I'm saying that I can't sit with you right now because I'm at work but if you want later after I'm off I can."

"Do want me to wait?" The smile that stretched my lips was not voluntary. No one had ever willingly wanted me. No one had ever readily decided to give something up to spend it with me. No one had ever done much for me besides my grandma Fran and I wasn't sure how to take it, so I gave him an out, "I don't want you to do anything you don't want to do Alaric. I like spending time with you but right now I really can't but on Sunday's am always free after the morning so if any time then you have 'time to waste' let's do something." I used his previous words from before giggling at the phrasing because truly he had such a unique way with words.

Alaric got to his feet, and though I didn't want to be I was slightly disappointed he was leaving. Of course he wasn't going to wait but I would have liked him to be near either way just for a little longer.

"I'll see you soon right?" A bit of desperation edged my words that I really hoped he hadn't noticed.

Standing at his full height, his chest the only thing visible if I didn't crane my neck, gave me a great view of the designs visible above his cream collard shirt. "Come." He took a step towards me laying his warm hand onto the small of my back.

For a second I did nothing but let him lead me towards the direction of the entrance door, my thoughts far to knitted together to think straight, his proximity always an issue when it came to my clear mind.  "Wait, wait, wait, I can't. They're gonna fire me and I can't let that happen."

"No ones gonna fire you meine schöne, come on."

"You don't know that." I tried stepping out of his grasp only to get a more scattered mind when his arm came to circle my waste his fingers close to touching my belly button. I looked up at him, feeling his hand tightening around me sending the butterflies that had collected into a wild frenzy that I did not like, his incredible scent doing nothing to liberate me from it.

"I do know." He spoke quietly staring straight a head not bothering to acknowledge Henry as he passed him.

'WHAT' Henry mouthed looking panicked yet amused 'I DON'T KNOW' I mouthed backed equally panicked with just a tiny itty bitty hint of amusement and fascination.

"What about my co-workers? What if a lot of people come in and they're short staffed? I can't leave." I was sure the other waiters could mange but it still didn't feel right to leave with him.

"It doesn't get busy on Monday's they'll be ok."

Stepping forward he held the heavy glass door open, indicating with his hand to step out, to which I did. I wasn't sure if I even had it in me then to deny him.

*・゚:*・゚ *・゚:*・゚ *・゚:*・゚ *・゚:*・゚

Word count-1210

I will and probably will ALWAYS be a twilight stand girly, sorry not sorry. (If you're wondering w2hat brought this on it's the song ;)