𝓕𝓘𝓥𝓔

"Alright go ahead," I nudge Henry towards the door, encouraging him to knock.

He shoots his head towards me his blond hair falling to his eyes "You wanted meee to knock! I thought you were and I was just here for moral support."

I shake my head frantically, eyes large with shock. "Not me, I'm not knocking." I all but yell, while backing away from the door.

Henry follows suit, backing away further than me "You're closer to the door, so, you should knock." he points a finger at me while sticking his tongue out like a little kid.

I immediately fix that, full on sprinting away from the door and throwing his words and actions right back at him once I'm further away then him.

"What the fuck is going on?" I hear an enraged voice say.

Uh-oh.

I completely stop, almost falling over from the haste of it.

I'm I in trouble? It feels like I'm in trouble. What do I do?

I slowly turn around, quite honestly afraid of whatever expression my new gorgeous friend will have.

Once I see his, as expected, pointed and furious eyes looking me dead in the face, I know, I'm in definite trouble.

"Well," Henry's voice cuts in "I'm gonna go and make sure no one ends up coming in."

He's leaving?!? I shoot my head towards Henry, watching his lengthy form awkwardly walk away. Traitor.

I should try walking away too. My foot just barely takes its first step in the same direction as Henry when I hear him "Where's my food?"

That's the same thing I would like to know.

I look at him, smiling a little too hard. "Your food? Oh, you don't need that." I say well nodding my head to try and convince him he doesn't need it.

"You know, have you ever tried..." I pause, what's a good place? "that one spot?" Really? That's the best I could come up with? Ugh, kill me now and bury me in the forest.

His eyebrows scrunch up in confusion, probably wondering what was wrong with me. Trust me I'm wondering the same thing.

I stand there awkwardly hoping he'll give in and go to that one spot, wherever it is.

He stares, and... he looks great.

I know I should probably not be thinking that right now, but, really, it's true. His thick black hair looking effortlessly perfect, how is that possible? I don't know. His deep set eyes matched with his, well, everything.
Gosh, he's perfect.

What if, someone just shaved his hair off. Would he look like handsome Squidward? I want to watch SpongeBob. Or, The Fairly OddParents. Those shows are works of art. They're great educational forms of entertainment.

That doesn't even matter. Why I'm I even thinking about that now? I shake my head focusing back to the present.

Nope, never mind I don't want focus. The second I bring myself out of my thoughts I'm presented with him.

This is so awkward; why is he staring? Can he say something, anything.

I scratch my head feeling nervous with all the silence. After ten seconds I break.

"Okay, fine. You'll probably not get your food tonight, at least not from here. And I really don't want to tell you the reason why so please don't make me. But if you come tomorrow night, I'll one hundred and ten percent have your delicious meal, and you won't even have to pay for it. What do you say?"

I smile weakly lifting my arms up in the air, as if presenting something he'll hoping accept.

He shakes his head not dropping his scary stare.

Dang it, I really thought he'd be happy about a free meal, I know I would be.

"Alaric," I whine, dropping my head "please I'll give you twoooo free meals." How I'm I going to afford one let alone two meals from here? I don't know, we'll deal with the problem when we get to the problem.

"Alright. But why couldn't I get my food?" He asks lifting an eyebrow.

I shake my head furiously. "You don't want to know." I cringe from the memory. Why couldn't they lock the door? Why did I have to see that.

Nodding he accepts my answer looking about done with the whole situation.

He slides off the seat getting up to his feet. Holy mother of donuts was he always this tall? I crane my neck back in order to even be able to see his face. "I'm sorry about the food. Next time though, you'll one hundred and ten percent have it!"

He looks at me and shakes his head. He walks away, not bothering to say a word. I hope he doesn't leave a bad yelp review.

But anyway, he must be at least 6'6 and definitely doesn't skip the gym! I hadn't seen him up close while standing. He's huge. That's a monster right there. That's rude. He's not a monster, he's a human with human feelings.

Me on the other hand I definitely skip the gym. I don't like to run, or lift, or do anything really. It's pretty apparent too from my weak arms and little belly rolls that pop up when I'm sitting. They're kinda cute; they're like my little twin babies.

When I look back up I see Henry walking towards me. As he passes Alaric he turns around looking at his butt making me unwilling look too.

When he looks back at me he shoots me a shocked/impressed look while pointing his thumb back in Alaric's direction.

"Isn't it great." He asks the second he's close enough for me to hear but far enough for Alaric not too.

"What can I say, my bestie is beautiful."

" Your bestie? Girl, did you see how he was looking at you! He looked about ready to kill you."

"And you left me seeing the way he was looking at me! Anyway, that's just the way he is. He's a bit of a grump but harmless."

"Harmless? Right. Hey, but I am sorry for leaving you. I tend to panic and just flee. It's true ask my exs; but I'll try not to do that to you... from now on"

I take a second to consider his apology. "I don't know if I can accept such betrayal." I state matter-of-fact.

His face drops.

"What? Emalia, I'm sorry." He says sincerely, looking genuinely sad.

"Oh, no I'm just kidding don't look sad. You'll make me sad. I forgave you like five seconds after you left me. It's okay."

"Really?"

"Really really."

He smiles "Great. Well...let's clean up and close off for the day; we'll leave Olivia and Thomas to their thing. And head out."

I nod my head, more than willing to not disrupt those two wild kids.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Word count 1142

I hope you've a super duper day!!