𝓕𝓞𝓤𝓡

Olivia huffs out a sigh giving up her attempt to get him to talk. She looks at him for a solid minute longer before stomping her way toward me.

My face scrunches with anxiety as I contemplate running away from her and towards the restroom to hide. I brace myself for whatever she'll tell me, preparing myself for the worst.

All too quickly she comes in front of me slamming the tablet to my stomach effectively knocking the wind out of me.

I've tried for the past year to get her to like me, I'm ready to give up right about now as I try to fill my lungs with air.

"Do the job we pay you for, serve him." She grunts out and walks away. I shake away the slight annoyance that comes over at her words; she's a peculiar character, to say the least. Anyway, I do as she says, seeing that she's my boss after all, and walk over to the guy.

As I walk over towards him I see the glare already on full display, what a surprise, I never would have expected him to have that expression. On a serious note, I really am getting worried; is he ok? He always looks so upset. Did someone do something to him?

Well, with a friend he'll become a happier person, I'm sure of it. I walk towards him holding what probably looks like an evil smile.

I'm just excited though, he's not the only one who could use a friend.

I've tried making other friends besides Raul and Ms.Meera but it doesn't turn out too well. They usually just walk away and I never see them again, or if I do, they're sitting as far away from me as possible.

I think it's just because I come off a bit too strong, but this time, I won't. I'll be as smooth as butter.

"Let's be friends, what do you say?" I smile brightly at him, enthusiasm bubbling to the surface. "We can hang out, tell each other secrets, and borrow each other's clothes; it'll be great!" my smile grows with the idea.

I tried to get Raul and Ms.Meera to do that with me but they were busy. Raul is a single dad of three girls and Ms.Meera has her coffee shop business to work on.

He doesn't look like a busy guy. "You don't look like a busy guy." I say out loud, the words sounding a bit harsh "Not that you don't have a life, it just looks like you've got the free time." I try and fix my unintentional rudeness but that doesn't seem to help as his face looks at mine with irritation and repulsion.

"I'm really not trying to be mean." His face doesn't change in the slightest with my words.

I'll work harder next time to not come across as mean.

"Now that we're friends we should know each other's names! Who goes first?!!" He doesn't speak as he continues to look at me; his jaw clenching and unclenching; this is going great, he hasn't walked away yet!

"Well, you seem like a shy man, and that's totally ok. I'll tell you mine first and you can tell me yours when you're ready." I hold up a thumbs up searching his pretty face for approval.

I don't see anything as his full pink lips continue to hold distaste. I didn't get a no per se, and that's all I need. "My name's Em-"

Before I can finish my sentence his deep voice interrupt, "I know your name." I'm surprised for a second to hear him talk and shocked even more at his words.

He knows my name? He must have heard someone say it. "But I bet you don't know my full name," I say grinning because I know something he doesn't.

"I do," he replies, shocking me all over again. I frown. How would he know that? Nobody calls me by my middle or last name. I eye him suspiciously "Why do you know that?"