𝓝𝓘𝓝𝓔

I rise bright and early at 12:59 p.m., feeling well-rested and excited. Today's going to be a good day. I know it.

Having the whole day off, with the liberty to do any and everything I wish to, fills me with so much excitement and happiness I might just go ahead and commit a felony for the simple fact that I have the time. The only thing stopping me is I'm afraid of cops, jail cells, and criminals, but other than that, nothing is stopping me... besides my grandma. She would kill me before I even stepped foot in the cruiser.

Speaking of the devil and she shall appear, the thing is, I didn't even say her name, and somehow, my favorite and only grandma just knew I was thinking of her.

Her name, 🫡Ma Baby Girl 👑, travels across the broken screen, sending my fiber neurons, or something like that, to go into auto-pilot, moving my finger to answer without thought or hesitation. The second I see the little two emojis, I know what I'm supposed to do no matter who or where I am, I gotta answer.

"Why don't I see you sitting across from me? Where are you?" I let out a chuckle, shaking my head at her. Oh, she's something, something perfect.

Having someone like her had been exactly what I needed. She never left me alone or hid anything from me; whatever question or concern I ever had, she welcomed with open and straightforward words that, not once, let me second guess whether or not I could trust them.

I loved her.

"I'm thinking I should commit a felony today. What do you think?" Hearing her whisper a Hail Mary under her breath, my smile pulls its way onto my lips, absolutely adoring every second of messing with my poor, sweet gran. I'm such an evil person.

"Come on, just a little crime what do you say? Wanna rob extra free samples at the mall?" Without even having to see her fairly young-looking face, I could practically see a sly smirk twisting its way onto her face.

"I never thought you'd want to after what happened last time." My smile instantaneously drops.

The ceiling over my bed shifts into the memory of the last time me and Fran went sample hunting.

*・゚:*・゚ *・゚:*・゚ *・゚:*・゚ *・゚:*・゚

In front of an expensive fragrance store Franny and I spotted a sales lady in a killer pantsuit standing behind a table filled with tiny sample bottles of perfume and lotion. The second we glanced at each other we just knew.

"I'm gonna get them all. Distract her." Gran whispered, already distancing herself from me. Immediately I stopped. What did she mean she was taking all?! What did she mean she wanted me to distract her?! Shaking my head, I tried hurrying back to her, no longer liking our game.

With a flick of her wrist, she ordered me to go back, urging me with a puppy dog face, that I never could deny, saying, "Please distract the woman."

With a huff and a groan, I twisted back, plastering on the best scared/panicked expression that I possibly could, which was pretty easy since that's exactly what was going through my head.

"Excuse me, ma'am, can you please help me? I lost my grandma." My voice trembled with each word I spoke, unintentionally selling the act. Though I did great with the acting, my word choice was truly devastating. Why was I trying to get her to look for my grandma when that's the opposite of what I wanted her to find?

The lady looked back at me with a blank, bored expression, shaking her head. "No, go ask security." She dismissed, looking away before she could finish her sentence.