𝓣𝓗𝓘𝓡𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝

I had no idea what I was doing. I stood silently to the side of the door observing as he stepped out coming to join me."What аге we doing?" I asked looking away from him in order to exchange it for a view of  the bustling street, a far less mind scrambling view.

"We're hanging out." He said matter of a fact, making it seem as if this was normal and not completely random. I contemplated the situation judging if it was best to go inside or hang out with my bestie.

"Okay, then! Come on!"

In this world we only had so much time so why not spend it how you wanted?

I skipped down the street passing the tall luxurious buildings of the block. Everything on this side of the city was expensive but if you walked for a bit there was this old little arcade nestled between exaggerated buildings that although looked slightly scary with it's crumbling paint and blinking sign was actually... well also scary inside but once you got over it you found how charming it's old school games and elderly owners were.

"Where are you going?" Alaric just a step behind me, questioned, his long legs quickly removing the distance between us, stepped next to me on the side closest to the street.

"You mean where are we going," I corrected because if not for him I wouldn't be walking down this street so now he had to come whether he wanted to or not.

Unless he didn't want to... "Or do you not want to come with me?" I asked second-guessing as I did with almost everything in life and pausing my skipping to turn towards him. I was still in my uniform, which now that I thought of it I felt strange even if the only true giveaway that I was wearing a uniform was a waist apron. If he'd changed his mind on hanging out I could easily go back into the restaurant unless they really fired me despite Alaric's reassurance.

"Where are we going?" He amended slightly emphasizing the word 'we' as I had though not as dramatic. I stared for a beat assuring myself he really wasn't leaving and turned back down the street accepting his response. I liked it when he said we; it almost cemented our friendship.

"It's a surprise." I sang as he once again came next to me. The day was still bright and busy the sun as glowing as ever my all-black outfit causing the sun to feel all the more powerful and beads of sweat to build up on my hairline and sweat to begin building in my armpits and back.

After about a million miles all the heat and skipping was catching up "I'm, I'm..." I held a finger up stopping and resting my hands on my knees to breathe "Need a second." I finally got out completely out of breath and loudly breathing, I had basically been full-on sprinting.

"It was one block." Alaric looked stunned at me before quickly replacing his expression with bored indifference.

"So?." I said defensively, "Don't judge me." I pointed at him with narrowed eyes as I righted myself to a standing position to give him the full effect of my glare.

Alaric looked completely unphased, from my glare to the beating sun. It was impressive, the sun part, my glare I was sure looked more tired than mad. It had to be a good 100 degrees and he was in a full long-sleeved button-up with black slacks looking as if he'd freshly just gotten ready.

I had never seen him out in the daylight before and for a second I had a hitch in my breath, this time having nothing to do with my heavy exercise.

Here, with the sun reflecting on his eyes, the guy looked mythical; his eyes looking all the more metallic silver, his hair a completely potent black a stark deference from his light skin. I stared at him for a solid minute, eyes traveling across his strong clearly fit body moving from his fancy shoes to the tip of his hair.