Episode XIII

Denji Pov:

It's been about a week ever since I met this chick. Her name is Reze and she's super nice and I even made her meet Koku-San and he didn't mind our friendship. Yesterday we went to a school and we had tons of fun although I don't know why she was tense the whole time.

Now today is the day of the festival and she asked if I could come and I said sure. But I don't know how to say it to Koku-San about me going on a date with a girl that I met just a few days ago.

No one's Pov:

Meanwhile Kokushibo stood at the balcony of Aki's apartment and looked into the sky not knowing what to do today.

"Hey", Aki said walking to Kokushibo. "Hello". "Is there something on your mind?" "Yes... there is a festival happening today and I wanna make sure Denji doesn't do anything stupid", Kokushibo said and Aki nodded pulling a cigarette out of his pocket and Kokushibo using his contract to help light the cigarette.

"Thanks". "Don't mention it". Aki turned to Kokushibo and got an idea. "Hey Himeno is free today why not ask her to come with you", Aki said before taking in some smoke from the burning tobacco stick. Kokushibo thought about Aki's idea and nodded at it.

"It seems like a good idea", Kokushibo said and Aki took the cigarette out so he could expell the smoke from his lungs.

Kokushibo then thinks of something Aki probably won't like. "Hey Aki", the young devil hunter turns to Kokushibo. "I offer a contract", Kokushibo said and Aki raised an eyebrow.

Later on, Kokushibo stood in front of Himeno's door then knocks on it. "Just wait a second", Himeno shouted from the other side of the door and after a moment of waiting Himeno opened the door. Himeno was sporting a casual outfit of a tank top and grey shorts reaching to just above her knees.

"Ah Michi so glad to have you here. What's up", Himeno said to the six eyed man. "I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to the festival later", Kokushibo said and Himeno froze for a second. "Hey can I just think about for a little", Himeno said with a smile and Kokushibo nodded and she immediately ducked behind her door closing it and Kokushibo could hear her chant yes and cheering with him chuckling softly at this.

Himeno then emerged from the apartment with a calm expression and responds to his question. "Yes, I would love to", Kokushibo nodded at this smiling. "Well I'll be back here in a few hours or so to wait for you to get ready", Kokushibo said and Himeno smiled. "Thanks".

And so Kokushibo left Himeno and she closed the door before sitting down covering her face which was now slightly red. "Himeno don't fuck this up. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity", Himeno said to herself remembering all the time she spent with Kokushibo, and smiled softly.

Kokushibo left the building and walked to the nearby clothes store. He altered his face to look get rid of his extra set of eyes and walked in. "Hello sir, how can I help you", the man at the desk asked and Kokushibo walked over. "Thank you for your service", Kokushibo bowed his head slightly before raising it. "Would like a nice kimono for men if you have them", Kokushibo said and the man nodded. "Right this way sir", the man says leaving the desk and Kokushibo followed. The went into a more hidden section if the store and the man showed the clothes.

One was black with a gray scarf drooping on the front and a white overcoat separating the black under and the grey scarf. Another was a simple blue with lines covering it along with white clouds sewed perfectly on and finally a red overcoat covering a yellow shirt that was kept together with a white band acting as a belt for the clothing.

Kokushibo seemed stunned at the last one as it reminded him of his younger brother Yoriichi. Kokushibo looked at the man and grabbed the last piece of clothing after turning to it. "I like this one", Kokushibo said and the man nodded. They walked out of the cluster of clothing racs and made it to the desk where the man scanned the sticker on the back of the shirt and looked at the price. "That's gonna be... 46,000 yen", the man said and Kokushibo nodded pulling out a wallet and giving the man the needed money and leaving.

Timeskip brought to you by Kokushibo petting Meowy.

Now after some time Kokushibo stood in front of Himeno's door in his new outfit. Kokushibo knocked and Himeno opened the door pretty quickly. Himeno was wearing a nice black shirt and a skirt reaching down slightly past her knees.(A/N: NO HORNI). "Hi! Sorry I've been waiting for a few minutes", Himeno said and Kokushibo put a hand on her shoulder smiling softly. "Sorry I made you wait", Kokushibo said and Himeno flushed at his tone as he's never acted like this. His posture was more relaxed and his voice was now softer along with his eyes even though most won't know how to differ the changes between his eyes because of the Kanji replacing his pupils.

Kokushibo raised an eyebrow and put his hand on her forehead. "Do you have a fever? Your face is awfully red right now", Kokushibo said and Himeno shaked out of her trance and smiled. "I'm fine", Himeno said and Kokushibo nodded before he removed his hand from her shoulder and they both moving down the stairs. As the stood at the base of the stairs and standing next to each other Himeno reaching for his hand and Kokushibo grasped her hand making her flush again but she got rid of it quickly.

Himeno smiled as they then left for the festival. Later at the festival they both stood in awe at the sheer amount of light coming off it and they both went in. They went on a few rides and played a few games with Himeno fuming at the unfairness at the way a bottle game was made and Kokushibo decided to help throwing the ball as hard as he could not only breaking the bottles of their stuck position but shattering them and breaking the wall behind them. In return Kokushibo got a panda prize but gave it to Himeno.

They then after some time sat on a ferris wheel car sitting next to each other with Himeno resting her head on Kokushibo's shoulder holding her panda prize. "Hey Michi", Himeno said looking up to meet Kokushibo's eyes. "Thanks for bringing me here", Himeno said and Kokushibo smiled at her. "Your welcome Himeno", Kokushibo said and Himeno then decided it was time to say it. "Michi... I want to tell you something", Himeno said and Kokushibo looked down to her but her eyes were turned away. "Ever since the attack from those gun devil people and I was left in the hospital I started to feel safe whenever I'm around you. Your presence there kept me hopeful then after some time I began to realize something. Himeno then begins to remember all the times they hung out. "I have always never been able to keep someone close to me for a while. But you. You are different than everyone else. I know Aki will die long before me and that saddens me but knowing that you'll be there for me ensures that I will be fine.

Kokushibo turned to her and she did the same. "What I'm saying is I like you Mi- no Kokushibo. I love you. Now please stop making yourself look like that", Himeno said with a heavy blush on her face and Kokushibo sat speechless, he smiled and reverted to his normal six eyed self and so Himeno brought herself ever so closer to Kokushibo's face and Kokushibo didn't mind and let it happen as Himeno brushed his lips with her own before eventually after seeming like an eternity for them they dove into each other locking lips and closing their eyes as the fireworks started.

After some time they separated from each other with Himeno catching her breath. Kokushibo smiled at her and hugged her. "I lo-", Kokushibo cut himself off as he turned to behind them after hearing a powerful rumble. "What...", Kokushibo said and Himeno became confused as they then made their stop at the bottem and they started to push their way through the crowd and then Kokushibo picked Himeno up and sprinted to where he heard the rumble finding a plethora of burnt torn corpses. "Damn it", Kokushibo said running for where he could smell Denji and made it to see a headless body running to a group of devil hunters with Aki, Angel, Denji, and Beam running away.

The headless body exploded upon reaching the devil hunters and Himeno gasped in anguish as those hunters from division 2 were her friends. Kokushibo stood furious and practically teleported to where Aki was and put Himeno down before dashing off leaving the five. "Kokushibo...", Himeno said before climbing in the car with the others.

Kokushibo stood in front of the burning building and saw a figure emerging from the fire. This was the bomb girl. Kokushibo became furious creating his signature katana and getting into a stance with the bomb girl laughing at this. "What's a stupid blade going to do", she asked in a tone Kokushibo was able to decipher. "Reze...", Kokushibo said gripping his sword tighter staring dead into her eyes before charging forward.