The Badger Found

In a room at the Pendragon Hotel, the best upscale hotel in Magical Britain, a woman named Serena Miller was sitting, looking quite nervous. This was the biggest make or break moment of her life.

Serena was a Muggle-born. When she had received her Hogwarts letter, her parents and siblings, being quite traditional, hadn't been happy at all. They had called her a freak of nature, an abomination, and had kicked her out of the house. She had been devastated, but went to Hogwarts anyway, despite her parents' warnings.

There, she had been sorted into Hufflepuff and made lots of friends. Her best friend had been a half-blood boy, Chris Miller. When she was dreading to go back home after school ended, he helped her. When Mrs Miller, Chris's mother, a Muggle-born herself, took her to Serena's home, her parents had yelled at them and told them to never come back. Her parents had later moved away, so as to cut off all communication with their estranged daughter. Serena had been devastated and had slowly slipped into depression. Chris's parents took her in and looked after her and thus, she came to regard them as her own parents.

She and Chris got married after leaving Hogwarts. But tragedy struck as the Death Eaters killed her husband and in-laws when she was away one night. She had been inconsolable. She was alone, as her family was killed. She couldn't return to the Muggle world as she didn't belong there, but the magical world was not safe either. She disappeared for a few months, hoping everything would settle down. Thankfully, it did. Harry Potter had saved them all.

She had been working in the Ministry in the Obliviation squad as they needed them in numbers at that point to ensure that the International Statute of Secrecy wasn't breached during Death Eater attacks. But she didn't want to work there forever. Her dream was to be an enchantress. She was highly gifted in the field and wanted to make her dream a reality. She had created mirrors that would be able to communicate with each other, but she didn't know if they were going to be a success because such technology was already present due to the Floo network. But she finally decided to try. So three years ago, she had quit her job at the Ministry and had opened her own business. The business wasn't very profitable, but luckily it didn't go into losses either.

More than a year ago, she had been contacted by the Director of Gringotts Bank, London. Rangok informed her that Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived, wanted to invest a hundred thousand Galleons, perhaps more, if she could enhance the mirrors and create other useful gadgets with them.

Since she didn't have a family, she was quite free to do anything with her time. So she had spent every spare moment on those devices. She was here today to demonstrate her products and hopefully, they would be impressed. She swallowed when she saw them walk in.

"Lord Black, Mr Potter," she greeted them.

"Good morning, Mrs Miller," Sirius greeted her as took a seat. "I have gone through the contract after our last meeting. Harry is very interested in your products and he is willing to invest as much money as it takes if you are able to improve upon the mirrors you currently possess."

"Actually, I sent her a letter long time back giving her ideas about more devices," said Harry.

"I took those ideas to heart," Serena replied. She opened a bag, removing several mirrors and crystals. The crystal would be able to move from one place to another, transmitting the image to a mirror which it was connected to using a modified form of a Protean Charm. This would greatly enhance the entertainment industry. The mirrors which she called them as E-Mirrors were loosely based on the Muggle television. Then there were the improvements she had made to the communication mirrors as well. The crystals could also record anything and play it on the E-Mirrors later. This type of magical technology already existed in the form of Omnioculars, but this was different. A Quidditch match could be watched at home using the mirrors and Harry's brain was already processing the information on how to best use it to their advantage.