The Battle of Hogsmeade

"I heard that a new restaurant has opened in Hogsmeade," as Astoria as they walked down the marble staircase.

"It's another branch of the Grand Elixir," explained Daphne.

"Wait, I love that place!" said Dylan excitedly. "Harry has taken me there a few times. Isn't it supposed to be the best restaurant in Magical Britain? Quite fancy too, actually."

"Yeah, and the food is delicious," agreed Astoria, grinning happily. She noticed that her soon-to-be brother-in-law was distracted. "Harry? Are you okay?"

"Huh?" blinked Harry in confusion. "Yeah, Tori, I'm fine. I just can't help but feel as though something is off."

He distractedly touched the Gryffindor and Slytherin rings on his left hand.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

Draco Malfoy opened the doors of the Vanishing Cabinet and was surprised to see Severus Snape inside.

"Move aside, Draco," said Snape silkily. "I need to step out. How much longer before the others arrive?"

Draco looked at his wristwatch. "Just wait about a minute and we can transport another person. The cabinet is too old to handle continuous travel."

Snape hummed as he watched. Gibbon arrived a minute later.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

"My Lord?" asked the portrait of a young woman, bowing respectfully.

"Alert the rest of the paintings in the castle," said Harry quietly. "There is something – odd – with the wards, I can feel it. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but just keep an eye out, all of you. If you find anything suspicious, inform me and Professor Dumbledore at once."

"Yes, my Lord," said the witch as she left her painting.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Daphne asked him curiously.

"Nothing," Harry answered reassuringly. "You know what? Why don't you three go ahead? Grab a table at the Grand Elixir and I'll meet you there for lunch. I'll just prowl around the castle for a bit."

All three of them frowned but seeing the determined look on Harry's face, they knew it was futile to argue.

"Alright," said Dylan softly. "Don't stay for long, okay?"

"Fine, brat."

"Dolt!"

Harry chuckled as he shook his head in amusement, watching the three of them proceed to the entrance hall. Quickly walking up the stairs, he went to his suite and grabbed the Marauder's Map, checking for anything out of the ordinary. The wards were not flaring up but Harry was way too paranoid to stay still. The attack on Potter Castle had given him a wakeup call – it was too close for comfort and he and Dylan could have easily been killed or kidnapped that night. Giving instructions to the portraits, he prowled around the castle, checking the Map as he went along. It would take time – Hogwarts was a large castle, after all – but he would ensure everything was fine.

Idly, he took the stairs leading him from the entrance hall to the dungeons. The attackers at Potter Castle had entered through the dungeons as well, so it was a good place to start.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

"Yaxley, report," said Rabastan as he observed the students through his Omnioculars.

"The two Greengrass sisters and your son have just left the castle," said Yaxley as he walked up to him. "I expect they'll be in the village in about ten minutes."

"Nott, did you tell your son not to come to Hogsmeade today?" asked Avery.

"And risk him babbling about the mission to his friends?" Nott snorted. "Have you forgotten that my son is a close friend of Harry Potter? I don't have a death wish. Besides, we won't be killing anyone here, so it's not a problem. Theodore will run and hide, I'm sure of it. Really, what a disappointment, that boy is. All the time fiddling with potions when he could be studying the Dark Arts and curses instead; doesn't use his wand unless necessary," he said in disgust.