Endgame

Daphne watched as the massive starships around her gently floated in space, displayed by the monitoring enchantments. The past twenty-four years had been spent designing and producing warships to help win the war. She was standing on what represented the pinnacle of magical innovation. Hull made of a reinforced goblin alloy, powered by Varasma and Elvin alchemy, armed with wizarding weapons and fit with a piece of technology that was beyond their wildest expectations … the entire population of Sowilo City should go down in history as the greatest ever.

The weapon systems were a much more advanced form of her original invention, the Asthron. Along with that, they were also equipped with Varasma torpedoes, an evolved form of her Varasma-infused Asthron. The beauty of the ship, however, was the Tachys drive, a technology that was created using the magic of Apparition travel.

Apparition made a person travel large distances by warping space, time and magic around them. This technology was based on the same principle, only it was not a person, but a starship that would travel great distances at high speeds.

They had named it the Tachys drive, which in Greek, meant 'swift'. She couldn't be more proud. Her department's ideas regarding Tachys travel had started a new era in magical technology.

"My Lady," said the wizard wearing a navy-blue uniform. "We have crossed the planet's atmosphere without being detected. We're ready."

"Acknowledged," said Daphne. She waved a hand and a three-dimensional figure of her son appeared.

"Report, James."

"Varasma flow is stable and the Tachys systems are at peak efficiency," he replied briskly.

Daphne checked her calculations once again. She couldn't find anything wrong with them. She took a deep breath as she stood in the middle of the ship's bridge.

"Engage," she ordered. She felt the anxiety of everyone present. The screen in front of her contorted. Any second now …

With a massive movement, the starship slipped into the Tachys vortex, with stars blurring past her as they travelled at interstellar speeds.

The Tachys drive was a success. Everyone on the bridge cheered and Daphne too couldn't help but smile.

"Take us out of the vortex. Adjust our course and heading. We need to get back home."

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

Harry twirled and twisted in mid-air as he avoided the bullets coming his way. They were on the outskirts of London, where the battle had commenced. He had received intelligence from Sowilo City that informed him that the other teams around the world had engaged the enemy as well, and that Camelot, Godric's Hollow and Hogsmeade had all been attacked by Muggles. He still didn't know how many were injured due to the attack, or worse, dead.

Knowing that simply launching an attack on the city would be useless and would needlessly shed blood, Harry had divided his forces into five teams, four of them taking out the British army in different directions surrounding London. The fifth, however, was tasked to Apparate directly into the city and apprehend the top-brass, and hopefully, root out Hermione Granger and her group of rebels.

Speaking of rebels …

"Traitors," growled Charlie under his breath as he duelled five witches and wizards at the same time. While Hermione had decided not to participate in the battle, the other members of Dumbledore's Army had no such qualms. They had divided their numbers and were quickly posing a problem for the Republic army. After all, more than a hundred witches and wizards amidst thousands of Muggles could do a lot of damage.

"Watch out for the tanks!" Harry yelled.

"I see it!" Charlie replied. Dodging it quickly, his wand slashing in the air repeatedly, he raised his hand and cried, "Team, charge!"