Destiny Revealed

Sixteen-year-old Harry Potter took a deep breath as he walked over to the floor-to-ceiling windows. He put his hands inside the pockets of his trousers and stared at the beautiful grounds outside.

Harry knew that the Deathly Hallows were very powerful. The wizard who obtained them all was said to be the Master of Death and according to legend, was also immortal. The question was – should he keep them locked up or should he use it? He considered his options. As far as anyone was concerned, the cloak was not a threat. It had survived for centuries within the family, and he too would eventually pass it on to his descendants. The stone had been held by the Gaunts for hundreds of years in the form of a ring. None of them knew its true power – that it was a necromantic marvel. People like Dumbledore and Grindelwald might think it would create an army of Inferi, but Harry highly doubted that. It was not a weapon of war, according to the Tale of the Three Brothers.

The sole danger was the Elder Wand. That was a weapon that had destroyed countless lives. Only a powerful wizard could truly tame the Deathstick. Was he qualified?

The teenager flexed his fingers. He would not let the Elder Wand be placed under lock and key. Such power could have its uses, and he had plans for the future. Nothing that involved war, but if he ever met powerhouses like Lord Voldemort or Albus Dumbledore again, the Elder Wand would be a useful ally. He was already the master of the wand, so why not use it?

Thinking so, Harry moved back to his desk and picked up the Elder Wand. However, he gasped when he was forced to throw it back – it was burning hot! The wand began glowing. Harry stepped back in surprise when it ascended in the air. The Resurrection Stone followed, expanding in size until it stood as a perfect disc. The Invisibility Cloak folded into a neat triangular shape and assembled behind the two objects creating the symbol of the Deathly Hallows. All three were glowing bright gold, and the temperature in his study was very warm due to the amount of magic present in the air.

"What is this?" Harry murmured to himself. He slowly extended his hand to touch it, to feel it. He didn't know why he was doing it, but something about the Hallows was calling to him, and he was attracted to it like a magnet.

The moment his skin touched the objects, Harry screamed as the magic in the Deathly Hallows merged into his body. The Hallows reconfigured to form a sphere of golden magical energy and before he knew what was happening, the sphere had connected with his chest. Harry closed his eyes as his head started spinning. He saw things he couldn't identify. There was pitch blackness all around him, but suddenly, he could see stars, planets, galaxies, and just when he thought he was going mad, the Deathly Hallows infused with his very soul.

Lightning flashed outside Potter Castle as it began raining heavily. Harry's body was glowing, with his aura lashing out violently. He struggled to regain control of his magic as he collapsed on his knees, breathing heavily. His vision was still blurry, and his body was aching everywhere. He fell back against his desk; his head was throbbing too.

What the hell was that?

Several floors underground, in the bowels of the castle, was a basin holding two ancient signet rings. The basin, charmed by the late Lady Potter, recognised the powerful magical signatures of the witch and wizard present in the castle. With a flash of light, the Peverell signet rings for the Lord and Lady vanished, appearing on the fingers of Harry Potter and Daphne Greengrass. The Most Ancient and Noble Clan of Peverell had been revived.

"Harry?"

The scion of the Potter family stood up immediately and turned towards the door. He was stunned to see that both Daphne and Dylan were trembling. There was a golden glow around their bodies as well. Both of them were breathing erratically.