Historic Escape

Peter Pettigrew was in misery. He had not left this cell in nearly two years! The wards here prevented him from turning into his Animagus form as well. There was a mad glint in his eye as he laughed, watching the warden who was approaching him. The man was going to inspect his cell all alone? Without any backup? The fool! But of course, he was poor little Wormtail who was not talented in magic. It was always about James and Sirius ... who remembered poor little Peter when the Potter and Black heirs were nearby? Those two had everything! The money, the brains, magical power, good looks and dozens of pretty girls running after them, craving their attention … and what did he have? Nothing!

It didn't take long for him to kill the pitiful wizard in his anger.

Picking up the dead warden's wand, Peter transformed for the first time in two years now that he was out of his cell. Scurrying about, he found his robes in the place where he was forced to remove them. Peter was glad that the secret pouch in the robes was enchanted by a spell taught to the Death Eaters by the Dark Lord himself. No one knew about it and it could not be detected by common D.M L.E. employees. Wearing his old clothes and checking if he had his master's wand with him, Peter transformed to get closer and quickly cast the Imperius Curse on two of the high-level wardens. That, in turn, led to them going into their office to retrieve the ward scheme for the cell doors.

The mad glint in his eye showed how happy he was at the sight of the doors of nine other cells opening wide an hour later. Ha! So much for high-security prisoners! The stupid Ministry relied too much on Dementors! It was something Dumbledore used to complain about back then but nobody listened to him. There was also very limited security provided by the Aurors on weekends because nearly all the Aurors and wardens let the Dementors do the job, not wanting to be there more than five days a week; something which went unnoticed by Head Auror Rufus Scrimgeour until now.

"Hello Wormy," said the babyish voice of Bellatrix as she grinned widely. "Looks like you've finally done something useful with that ability of yours. Maybe we can play with the wardens for a while."

"We need to leave, Bella," said Rodolphus Lestrange firmly, taking her hand in his, giving it a soft squeeze, happy to be reunited again. "Dolohov, did you get the wands from the vault in the Head Warden's office?"

Dolohov nodded as he passed their wands back to the rest.

"Let's not waste our chance," snarled Rookwood. "Move!"

"Don't worry about the Dementors," said Bellatrix, with a mad grin painted on her face. "I have had twelve years to convince them."

"To the Dark Lord!" whispered Rabastan.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

Harry's face was devoid of all emotion as he sat in the Great Hall at Hogwarts. His breakfast was left untouched. Sitting beside him was Dylan, shaking in fear, face pale, as he read the headlines on the Magical Daily newspaper.

MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN!

Ten high-security prisoners escape the former escape-proof fortress!

LESTRANGES AT LARGE AGAIN!

Peter Pettigrew suspected of helping Death Eaters escape using his rat Animagus – wardens found dead at Azkaban

SENSOR NET AROUND BRITAIN AND IRELAND STRENGTHENED

International Floo and Portkey travel tightened

"BOY-WHO-LIVED A MAJOR TARGET," SAYS MINISTER FUDGE

Muggle Prime Minister warned about impending attacks on the Muggle world

"BE VIGILANT," WARNS DIRECTOR AMELIA BLACK, HEAD OF THE D.M.L.E.

"Aurors deployed all over the country. Please cooperate with them," says Head Auror Rufus Scrimgeour