Godric's Tale

The Death Eaters were camping in a small clearing outside Folkestone, Kent. They had managed to evade the Aurors, but unfortunately, they didn't have means of knowing what was going on in the magical world. Security had been tightened and they were on the run. They knew for sure that any home of theirs would be very closely monitored, so they had to make do with forest clearings. Thankfully, magic could make things a lot easier. They didn't want to contact the Death Eaters who had evaded Azkaban because they didn't trust them. There was no way to tell who was still loyal to the Dark Lord.

"We found something that can get us off the mainland," said Rabastan as he and his brother entered the clearing. They took the offered food they had stolen from the Muggles. Killing those animals would only attract attention, so they had to restrain themselves.

"What is it?" asked Rookwood.

"The Muggles have built a tunnel under the English Channel," Rodolphus answered. "Since it goes underground, we may be able to avoid the sensor net. I recommend that we don't Apparate, but use the Muggles' stupid train instead. We'll have to be extremely careful with our disguises, though."

"It's risky," said Rowle, rubbing his face. "For all you know, this apparent blind spot in the sensor net might be a trap set by the Aurors to capture us."

"Rookwood is the expert on the sensor net here," snapped Bellatrix. "And we will be going! The Dark Lord needs us!"

"I'll know more only after seeing this tunnel, but if we don't use magic, I think we can escape. Once we reach France, cross-country Apparition will become easier," said Rookwood. "But too many of us will increase the chances of being discovered by the International Magical Border Patrol. We can evade the British Aurors, but we can't afford to have the I.C.W. getting involved."

"He's right," said Dolohov.

"Fine," spat Bellatrix. "We'll split up. Four of us will leave using that filthy Muggle tunnel and the rest are to stay here and find out everything you can. Once we return, the Dark Lord will demand information. Start gathering intelligence. Cornelius Fudge is an idiot from what I've seen during his inspection of Azkaban, but that Bones bitch is a problem."

They decided who was to go. Bellatrix, Rodolphus, Rabastan and Rookwood were to find the Dark Lord. The rest would stay out of sight while gathering useful information about the Ministry. Pettigrew's Animagus form would be useful to spy on people.

A few hours later, the four Death Eaters disguised themselves and left. Chanting the Dark Lord's name, they moved forward, letting their Dark Marks guide them. It was time they got their master back.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

The second term at Hogwarts began without anything spectacular. Harry continued using the diadem for learning from Voldemort's memories and had later taken to practising the spells he had learnt in the Room of Requirement. At the end of January, Harry finally came clean about his excursion to the cave where the fake locket was found. Needless to say, Sirius was not happy.

"I have enough problems without you being one of them!" shouted Sirius angrily. "Harry, what in Merlin's name were you thinking? I'll tell you; you weren't thinking at all, that's what you were thinking!"

"Sirius –"

"No, I don't want to hear it!" snapped Sirius, cutting him off. "This is the most irresponsible, idiotic thing you have ever done! I don't even want to think about what could have happened if something had gone wrong! You are keeping too many secrets from me, young man, and I am not pleased! You are in deep trouble because right now, I can't even think of a suitable punishment for this latest stunt of yours!"