Father and Son

Dylan groaned in pain as he regained consciousness. His body ached everywhere because of the way he had fought in Hogsmeade. Opening, his eyes, he blinked in panic when he realised that he was in a small room. There were two mattresses on the floor, the other being occupied by –

"Daphne!" he cried frantically. "Daph, please wake up!"

She winced in pain and opened her eyes. Daphne blinked at him and croaked out, "Where are we?"

"I don't know, but I'm pretty sure we're not at Hogwarts," said Dylan grimly.

"Oh, great," muttered Daphne as she sat up. "We've been kidnapped."

They sat there in silence for five minutes after which Daphne got up and began examining the room. Their wands and lockets were all taken away and since they couldn't even summon a house-elf, she carefully touched the walls of the room, trying to see if there was a hidden passageway.

"What are you doing?" asked Dylan curiously.

"Trying to find a way out," she replied quietly. Just as she neared the door, it opened, revealing a middle-aged man with dark brown hair and very familiar looking grey eyes.

Dylan gasped. "Father," he breathed, his eyes wide in shock and recognition.

Rabastan Lestrange felt his heart clench when he entered the room and observed Dylan. Had the boy just uttered the one word he had been longing to hear since he had found out about his son? He could definitely see the family resemblance in the boy. The cleft chin that was dominant in his family over the past two generations was present and the grey eyes were also another indication. Dylan's hair was a lighter shade of brown with slight curls, no doubt inherited from his mother, and his face was on the thinner side as well. All in all, Rabastan had to admit that his son was a very good-looking boy, a real eye catcher once he grows up. He reached up and gently cupped his son's face. He couldn't believe he was finally meeting the boy he had been pining for so long.

"Dylan," said Rabastan softly as he stroked the boy's face lightly with his thumb. He suddenly felt uncomfortable. He had wanted to meet his son for so long and yet now that they were face to face, he didn't know how to react. After a minute of staring at each other, several emotions and thoughts running through their minds, Rabastan took out a slip of parchment and showed it to them. "Read this."

Not having a choice, Dylan and Daphne read what was written on the piece of parchment.

The residence of the Dark Lord can be found on the highest hill in the village of Little Hangleton

"Follow me," ordered Rabastan. "If you both try to escape, you'll be very sorry indeed."

Daphne and Dylan gripped each other's hand tightly as they followed the older man. They only hoped that Harry and the Ministry would find them soon.

Rabastan Apparated and they found themselves before a handsome-looking manor. Moving away from the entrance hall, they were quickly taken to the ballroom which had been converted into Voldemort's throne room. When they entered, they saw the Dark Lord sitting on a throne, with Bellatrix and Rodolphus by his side. Dylan winced slightly as he and Daphne were pushed to their knees, forcing them to kneel in front of him.

"Daphne Greengrass and Dylan Lestrange," said Voldemort silkily. "Welcome to my home."

"Lord Voldemort," said Daphne, looking directly at the Dark Lord. "Thank you, but we would be more welcome at a place where we belong."

"Crucio!"

"NO!" shouted Dylan but it was too late.

Daphne was twitching and screaming as the curse impacted her, even if it was only for a few seconds. Her eyes gleamed with hatred, flashing an eerie white for an instant, dark blonde hair falling over her eyes as she glared at her attacker.