Regulus' Secret

Harry groaned as he opened his eyes. The room was dark, but he could see the barest hint of sunlight peeking from behind the thick curtains. Feeling a warm presence next to him, he turned his head slightly, only to gaze into the face of the sleeping form of his little brother, who was attached to his body like a human octopus, with an arm and leg tightly holding him in place. He smiled faintly. Memories of the previous night flooded Harry's mind and he started analysing what he had discovered.

The house-elf, which Voldemort thought had been dragged under the Inferi-filled lake, was alive. That was how Regulus had known about it – the elf, Kreacher, had escaped and told his master about the locket. Regulus, realising what Voldemort really was for actually making a Horcrux, decided to steal the Horcrux himself and – what? How did Regulus die? Where was the locket?

He tried to get up but his head was pounding. Sighing softly, he closed his eyes and began to meditate. He snuggled closer to his brother, letting the rhythmic beating of Dylan's heart to help him concentrate on finding his centre. Within minutes, the cool magic of Occlumency began soothing Harry's mind as the thoughts which were in disarray soon became organised. An hour later, he was back to normal, his magic contained. A hint of a smirk tugged at the corner of his lips; the wonders of mind magic! It was probably the best branch of magic there was.

After untangling himself from his brother's arms, he pushed the blankets away and shook the boy awake, playfully ruffling his hair, eliciting a reaction.

"Fuck off, arsehole," Dylan groaned into his pillow, his eyes still shut. "I'm trying to sleep. Go drown yourself in a lava river."

Harry snickered to himself. One of the highlights of his day was trying to wake his brother up every morning, which always proved to be entertaining. Dylan hated being woken up and always cursed his brother every time he tried.

Walking to the bathroom attached to the room, he frowned when he saw the dust and dirt covered all over. Exhaling in irritation and wondering what the resident house-elf at the townhouse was doing, Harry spent the next five minutes cleaning, with invisible spells flying from the tip of his wand as he flicked and waved it in practised movements. Once the bathroom was spotless, he stood under the shower, letting the enchantments activate. Sure enough, the hot water began raining down on him within seconds and Harry placed his hands on the smooth granite wall, head lowered, letting the water reduce the pain in his muscles. Twenty minutes later, he walked out of the bathroom and rolled his eyes when he saw that Dylan was still asleep. And, it looked like the covers were not pooled at the foot of the bed like they were when he had woken up, but were once again covering the sleeping teen.

"Honestly, must I do this for the rest of my life?" Harry muttered to himself, rolling his eyes at the sight before him. "Dylan, wake up," he said loudly, yanking the blankets away and gently smacking the nude boy's bare buttocks.

Dylan made a sound of obvious annoyance. "Get lost, dickhead. Go bother Daphne and leave me alone," he whispered sleepily as he turned to rest on his back, legs spread lazily, a pillow covering his face. Within seconds, he was breathing deeply, having gone back to sleep.

Harry couldn't help but snort in amusement. He wasn't out of options yet. Clearing his throat, he announced loudly, "Dylan, I have a triple chocolate cheesecake and I'm about to finish the last piece!"

"You wouldn't!" the Lestrange scion cried loudly as he got up with a start, throwing the pillow across the room. He looked around and found that there was no cheesecake waiting for him. Instead, he found his annoying older brother standing before him, still naked and wet from the shower, arms crossed over his chest, smirking at him.

"Good morning," he said triumphantly.

"You are evil!" Dylan spat angrily as he got off the bed and headed towards the bathroom, muttering curses under his breath.