Chapter 10- Final Days

~Leos POV~

For the past 4 days, we had followed the same schedule. We got up, ate breakfast, packed a few backpacks, went to one of the Disney parks, returned, and went to bed. We thought this would be the plan for the whole week, but Aries revealed another plan.

"Get ready- we're going to the beach!" he said while we ate breakfast. "WHAT?!" we asked, shocked and confused. "Well, it would get boring to do the same thing over and over so I thought we should change things up," he shrugged. 

"I haven't been to a beach in forever," said Taurus, quickly eating her food. After we finished eating, we packed things we would need, put on swimsuits, and drove to the closest beach.

As we arrived, the sun had just risen and the beach was pretty sparse other than a few people who were just arriving. "Come on- let's go get a good spot," Virgo insisted, running ahead. We lugged our stuff into the sandy area and set everything up. Half of us ran to the water while the rest relaxed in the sand.

It was very hot and humid outside and the cold water felt cool and refreshing as I carefully dipped my feet in. I couldn't swim very well, so I was hesitant to make my move. Sagittarius noticed me contemplating and reached her hand out to me from the water.

"Come on Leo!" she said. "Don't worry, I got you," she assured me. I took a deep breath and grabbed her hand. I shivered as I stepped in but I didn't retreat. I joined Aries, Libra, Scorpio, Taurus, and Sagittarius in the water while Cancer, Virgo, Aquarius, Gemini, Capricorn, and Pisces relaxed on the beach.

After messing around for an hour, we got out of the water and walked over to the others to dry ourselves off. "How's the water?" Cancer asked, lifting her sunglasses off. "Refreshing," Libra said, grabbing a towel. "Hey! You guys want to play some beach volleyball?" said a voice from behind us.

We saw Gemini, holding a volleyball in his hand and a smirk on his face. "Girls vs Boys?" he suggested. "Oh, you're on!" said Taurus and Sagittarius. "What about the rest of you?" he asked. "Or are you too chicken?" the boys laughed. "Oh, we're not afraid of anything," quipped Aquarius. "Let's do this!" she said as they separated into teams and began playing.

"That was too easy," I said triumphantly. "I expected better from you guys, but then again..." Virgo trailed off as she smirked. "You guys beat us by 2 points- your acting like you won the lottery" Aries rolled his eyes. "You guys are just jealous cuz you lost," Taurus smiled. "Ya whatever, I'm starving- can we eat?" Scorpio asked, looking down at his stomach.

"Ya, let's get lunch," Aries said as everyone agreed. They headed back to where they had set up their things and grabbed the sandwiches and snacks they had packed. They quickly ate and enjoyed the beach until it started to get late. "Let's start heading back- it's getting kind of late," Cancer said, checking her phone. 

"Ya, we still have to eat dinner and maybe we can relax at the house for a while," Virgo suggested. I was about to leave when suddenly, I had a thought. "Hey, do you guys think I can stay here? I really want to see a sunset; I've never seen one before," I asked. "You've never seen a sunset?" Scorpio and Capricorn blurted out at the same time.

"Oh you have to see one, they're beautiful!" Sagittarius raved. "Agreed," said Aquarius and Pisces. "I don't see why not- it wouldn't take more than 10 minutes to walk back, but I think someone should stay with you- just for safety," Aries said, looking around.

"I'll stay," volunteered Libra. "I love sunsets and I don't mind," he said. "Ok, that's settled then- let's go!" Aries led everyone else back to the van while Libra took a seat next to Leo. 

We sat there in silence for a while as the sun set slowly. I admired the beautiful sky as it lowered into the west. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" said Libra from beside me. "Huh? Oh yeah- it's lovely," I said, looking at him. My face flushed and I quickly looked away.

"Leo, can I ask you a question?" Libra turned to me. "Um...sure," I said nervously, facing him. I stared into his emerald green eyes and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. "How come you've never seen a sunset?" he asked. 

For a second, I was lost in his eyes, which were illuminated by the sky. Finally, I answered "I guess I just never had the time," I said, looking down again. He raised an eyebrow. "Never had the time to just relax in nature?" he questioned suspiciously. 

"Ok, there's something else. I...I used to be one of the popular girls at school. I had a reputation and I hate admitting this but I used to be one of those snobby, mean girls. I never liked nature or getting dirty. But I've changed," I promised, hoping he would believe me.

"Well, from what I've seen, you definitely changed" he smiled. I blushed, feeling my heart rate slow down. I enjoyed the rest of the sunset and walked back to the house. Even though I was still nervous, he kept me laughing the whole time. When we got back before we stepped inside he took one final look at me.

"I really enjoyed that tonight Leo- I hope we can do it again," he said nervously. I smiled and nodded as we walked back into the house. When we entered, we saw everyone setting the table and getting ready to eat. "Hey, you're just in time," Aries motioned us over. We sat down at the table with everyone else.

"Tomorrow is our last day here, isn't it?" Taurus asked wistfully "Yep, but we don't have to go to the airport till 1 pm since our flight is at around 2:30. We could just go shopping or do whatever you want," Virgo said looking at her phone. We quickly ate and headed up to our rooms.

As Sagittarius and I entered she turned to me. "So...how was your beach date?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. My face flushed as I answered her. "It wasn't a date!" I cried, embarrassed. "Ok...sure," she said, rolling her eyes and going into the bathroom. I sighed and went to bed.