Chapter 22- Real or Fake?

~Scorpio's POV~

I sat in my room, looking at the photo over and over again. I hated being helpless and at the mercy of someone else. I didn't know if I really trusted Taurus or not but it's not like I really had a choice. There wasn't much I could do about it but I was still pissed. This was all Virgo's fault! Why did she have to keep it? I had thought she had gotten rid of it. Suddenly, something dawned on me.

I hadn't thought much about why she kept it. Did she still...it wasn't even important. I needed some revenge. If this got out, it would be terrible. I paced my room thinking of ideas when a light bulb went off in my head. I rushed out of the dorm and knocked on the fire sign's dorm. Aries answered it. "Oh- hey, Scorpio. Need anything?" he asked, looking a bit surprised.

"Um yeah- is Sagittarius here? I asked him. "She is actually...do you need her?" he looked away. "Yea, I do actually," I said, confused. He frowned but let me in. That's odd. Eh, whatever. I knocked on Sagittarius's dorm and heard a "come in!" I opened the door and quickly closed it behind me.

"Oh! Scorpio hey! You need something?" Sagittarius greeted. "Yes- I do," I said and told her my plan. "Uh, are you crazy? Why do you want to be in a fake relationship with me?" she pestered. "Well, I'm...I'm just experimenting," I said, biting my tongue. "So you want to use me? Hard pass," she said waving me off.

"Wait! I'll pay you," I said, waving a hundred-dollar bill in front of her. She looked at the bill and back at me. "How long?" she asked curiously. "Maybe a few weeks? After that, we can "break up" I promised. She sighed and looked at me. "Deal," she hesitantly said. "We'll tell everyone tomorrow, and...thank you Sagittarius," I said, looking back once again after leaving. I didn't really know what I expected- I kind of just wanted to see Virgo's reaction.

Now that that was settled, there was something else that had been bothering me. I locked myself in my room and thought. My future child, future child... Just like last time, smoke puffed up in front of me and the girl I had met about a week ago was standing in front of me again. "Hello, Father, it is a pleasure to see you again," she said, smiling. "Hello...child. Can I ask you a question?" I asked, crossing my fingers.

"Well, you can ask but it's not necessary I will be able to give you a detailed answer or an answer at all," she said, pushing up her glasses. "So...why is one of your eyes a different color?" I asked. She whispered something into her watch and nodded, then turned to me. "I have a condition. It's actually really rare. It turns one of my eyes hazel. For some people, it happens in their teens but mine was around 3 years old," she explained. "Ohhhh ok, I was just...wondering," I lied.

"I know why, it's because of Libra right? Don't worry, I'm not related to him. We just have the same condition," she assured me before disappearing. I was about to leave when I noticed a letter on the floor. I rushed over to it and picked it up. The cover said, "To Mother" I gasped. This letter would probably at least give me hints as to who my future wife is! Did I want to know though? Before I could open it, the girl appeared again and took the letter out of my hand.

"So sorry you can't read that!" she said slyly and disappeared again. Shoot! I decided not to think about it and just head to the canteen for dinner. As I walked down, I thought of what I would say to everyone, but I guess I didn't have to. When I entered, I saw Sagittarius telling the group something and everyone smiling. 

As I walked up, everyone started congratulating me on my new "relationship." "I really didn't expect that but Congrats to both of you!" Leo said. I quickly thanked everyone but I was not interested in their reaction, only one person. I turned toward Virgo to see her looking from Sagittarius to me, but mainly at Sagittarius. She didn't have much of a reaction but she didn't congratulate us, which I didn't even expect.

Sagittarius took a seat next to Virgo as we ate dinner. Suddenly, I heard a gasp. I turned to see Sagittarius standing up, eyes wide, drenched in soda. "Oops, I "accidentally" spilled something on your outfit. What a pity. At least it wasn't one of your good ones," Virgo said, rolling her eyes. The entire cafeteria was staring at them. Virgo just grabbed the rest of the soda and poured it on her shirt while staring at me. I expected her to lash out, be she just gave me one final glare and left.

Leo rushed over to Sagittarius and helped her while Aries grabbed napkins. "What the? What just happened?" Taurus said, looking back at the door, to Sagittarius to me. I rubbed my temples. I think I had just made things a lot worse. I felt bad for dragging Sagittarius into this. I really hadn't expected her to have such a strong reaction.

Sagittarius just looked shocked and hurt while everyone stared at her and whispered. "Let's go- I'll help you," I said, grabbing her wrist and dragging her to the bathroom. I grabbed wet paper towels, helping her to clean the soda. "Why did she do that? That wasn't no accident," she said, feeling hurt of being a target of Virgo's rudeness. "Maybe she was in a bad mood?" I said, but it sounded more like a question.

She just sighed and a tear slipped down her cheek. I looked at her with sympathy and thought about just ending this whole thing. No! Stay Strong! I told myself. I quickly excused myself and went back to my dorm.

***********************************************************************************************

~Virgo's POV~

I sat on my bed with my head in my knees. What had gotten into me? I was a terrible person. I couldn't help feeling betrayed. Although she had no idea, I couldn't help it! Should I tell her? Before I could contemplate, I heard a knock and the door creaking.

I looked up to see Sagittarius at the door, looking upset. "Get out," I griped. "Virgo, what's wrong? Please tell me I'm just...confused," she said looking down. Before I could answer, someone else walked in. It was Taurus. "Please leave Sagittarius. She doesn't want to talk to you," Taurus said, gesturing to the door.

Sagittarius looked from Taurus to me and sighed, staring at me a final time, and left. "What was that?" I asked Taurus, wiping a tear from my eye. "I uh...Virgo, there's something I need to tell you," she said, looking away. "What is it?" I asked, looking up at her.

"I...uh, I-agh!" she screamed and ran out. "What the heck? I can't deal with this right now," I muttered to myself. I thought of something that might make me feel better and got an idea. I grabbed the poster under my bed and started slashing it, ripping it into pieces. That felt good. I just hoped that I wouldn't regret it...