Chapter 23- I think I...

~Capricorn's POV~

"Are you guys ready for the dance?" Aries asked. What Aries was asking about was the dance tomorrow. Apparently, this school had a start-of-the-term school dance. There was a whole committee for planning it and everything. "I'm not going," Scorpio declared. "Wait, what about Sagittarius? Don't you have to go with her?" Pisces asked.

"Oh...uh ya I forgot my bad..." he looked away. I raised an eyebrow. "Well, I'm going with my boo Libra," Gemini teased, putting an arm around him. Libra coughed and shoved Gemini off him. "I'm good, thanks," Libra passed. "You hurt my feewings," Gemini said in a baby voice. "Guess I'll go alone," he pouted. "Don't worry, I'm not getting a date, I'll come with you," Aries assured.

"Me too," Pisces said. "I'll probably ask some girl, I mean I got several drooling all over me," Libra flaunted. "What about you Capricorn?" Pisces asked as they turned towards me. "Well...I-" I bit my tongue, thinking of my response. "I'm thinking about asking someone...but just as friends! Nothing serious," I quickly clarified.

"Oooooooo," Aries and Libra said in unison, laughing. "Mr Cappy has got himself a crush," Gemini said, again in that annoying baby voice. "Ok, first off-don't call me Cappy. Second, she's not my crush! She's just a friend I want to ask!" I said again, emphasizing the word friend. "Who is it?" Pisces asked curiously. I hesitated. "You too chicken to tell us? Come on," Scorpio urged. I sighed. "Fine. It's.........."

Later
I knocked on the dorm room nervously. Virgo opened and smiled, letting me in. I spotted Taurus in the kitchen which was a complete mess. "Don't ask. She had this epiphany and wanted to try a new dish," Virgo explained, heading to her dorm. This was the chance. Now or never. Taurus still hadn't noticed me as I approached her.

She spun around before I could say anything. "Oh hey, Capri!" she greeted me, smiling. I felt nervous. "Hey, Taur...there's something I need to ask you," I gulped. "Sure! What is it?" she looked at me curiously. "I...I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me as friends of course! I know it's last minute but-" I trailed off, feeling embarrassed.

She looked shocked and suddenly hugged me tight. "OH, MY GOD! Yes of course!" she squealed and quickly cleared her throat. "I mean...I'd love to as friends," she said brightly. "That's great. I'll see you later," I quickly said, feeling relieved.

********************************************************

The next day...

I stood in front of the mirror fixing my tie. I took a deep breath and gave myself a quick pep talk. I walked out my door and saw Taurus and Virgo already waiting outside, wearing dresses. Virgo smirked and made kissy faces at us, which caused Taurus to blush as I made an angry face at Virgo. "Hey Capri," Taurus waved.

"Hey Taur, you look gorgeous," I smiled as she looked away. "You two are so cute," Virgo laughed. "WE ARE JUST FRIENDS!" we said in unison, annoyed. Virgo rolled her eyes and that's when I noticed a book under her arm. "Why are you bringing a book to a dance?" I asked skeptically. "Well I'm planning to find a nice corner and enjoy my latest novel," she said, pushing her glasses up.

"Um, what? Gurl this is a school dance! Live your life!" Taurus urged, trying to snatch the book out of her hand. "V, you know that I love reading as much as the next guy, but this is a dance!" I tried convincing her. "I'd much rather be productive than prance around, thank you very much," she said, ushering us outside as we just sighed.

As we walked out, we saw everyone outside in the corridor, with Sagittarius on Scorpio's arm and everyone else just standing, making small talk. "Wait, where's Libra?" Taurus asked. "Oh, he has a date so he went ahead," Aquarius shrugged. I saw Leo's eye twitch when she said that. "Let's just go," Aries said leading us down where there were several people dressed up, heading to the auditorium. When we entered, we saw the auditorium had been completely transformed.

It had balloons, streamers, disco balls, snack tables, and even a full/fledged band! Virgo immediately walked over to a table and found a quiet spot to read. "Nerd," Scorpio muttered. There was a famous upbeat song playing and Leo and Sagittarius dragged Cancer, Taurus, and Aquarius to the dance floor while us boys went looking for Libra, and eventually found him kissing some random girl in the corner.

He saw us and excused himself, walking over to us, smiling sheepishly. "So...you got yourself a date?" Pisces smiled. Some random girls kept asking me and I just said yes to the hottest one," he shrugged. "Dang, you sound like a snob," Gemini said, shrugging. As they teased Libra, I turned to the dance floor to see Leo looking at us but as soon as she spotted me, she turned back around and started dancing with the girls.

"What about you guys? Do you have a date?" Libra asked us. "Well, I'm here with Sagittarius obviously," Scorpio said. "No date," Aries, Gemini, and Pisces shrugged. "I'm with Taurus," I blushed. "How many times have you made out?" Aries asked, raising an eyebrow. "Shut up idiots. We're just friends," I griped. "Why is Virgo just reading alone?" Pisces asked, concerned. "Because she's a loner nerd who doesn't know how to have fun," Scorpio grumbled. We all turned to him and he just narrowed his eyes.

~Sagittarius's POV~

I was having the time of my life, dancing with the girls on the dance floor. "We need to get Virgo over here, she is not going to sit there all night," Leo said as we rushed over to her. "Hey, you guys having fun?" Virgo greeted. "We are, but you aren't," Aquarius snatched the book from her. "Hey! I was reading that, and I'm having fun reading!" Virgo whined as we dragged her to the dance floor.

"See! You're having fun!" Cancer said, twirling her around. Virgo laughed. After a few minutes, a slow song played. I looked over for Scorpio. We had been in a fake relationship for about 2 weeks. It was...interesting to say the least. It wasn't that bad honestly, and the best we did was holding hands and hugging. I honestly really wanted to know why he wanted a fake relationship in the first place. There was only one downside to fake dating him.

Virgo seemed to be avoiding me. She hadn't said a single word to me since we had started fake dating. I still remember that incident in the canteen where she had spilled that soda all over me. In fact, even now she was standing as far away from me as she could and didn't even look at me! I felt really confused and upset. I suddenly spotted a girl talking to Scorpio, blushing.

He looked towards me and gave me a look. I walked over to him and kissed him on the cheek as the girl's eyes widened. "Excuse me, are you flirting with my boyfriend?" I asked pretending to be angry. "Since when did you have a girlfriend my Scorpy?" the girl said sweetly. "Ivy just back off," Scorpio said. "Prove it then," she said, glaring at me. Before he could react, without thinking, I pulled Scorpio closer and kissed him.

I immediately realized what I'd done and pulled away. I turned to see Ivy fuming as she stormed off. Scorpio was looking at me, flustered and shocked. "Oh my god I'm so sorry! That girl was just getting on my nerves and I thought it would be realistic and I-" before I could finish, Scorpio pulled me into a hug. "It's ok Sag, that girl was getting on my last nerve, and I know you didn't mean it," he smiled. I felt relieved. The slow song continued as we danced in each others arms, laughing. I felt all my worries slip away as I rested my head on Scorpio's shoulder as we slowly danced.

~Capricorn's POV~

My heart leaped to my throat as a slow song came on. Should I ask Taurus to dance? Well, that would be the respectful thing to do since she was my "date" I walked up to her and she gave me a wave. I held my hand out and gestured to the dance floor. She took my hand and we made our way to the floor that was filled with other people dancing.

We laughed and danced along to the song. Suddenly, Taurus's heel caught on her dress, and just as she was about to trip, I quickly caught her before she hit the ground. We just stood there for a minute as I stared into her eyes. I felt myself leaning closer but before anything else could happen, the slow song switched to a rock song and I quickly helped Taurus stand up as Leo dragged her off.

As I turned around to find the boys, I saw Virgo standing in front of me. I jumped back in shock. "Hey, Virgo...you need something?" I asked quietly. "I just wanted to let you know, If you break my best friend's heart, you won't live to see another day," she said and before I could respond, she walked off.

Why is Scorpio really dating Sagittarius?

Is there more to than meets the eye?

What did Virgo mean by that?

Read the next chapter to find out!