Chapter 16- Powers

~Sagittarius's POV~

We all waited patiently in the auditorium, waiting for the assembly to start. It was the first day back from the horrific weekend we had. Virgo had convinced us all (except Capricorn) to come due to the fact that there was an "important" assembly today. We had all tried telling her we should just let today go, but that girl is persistent.

"If this assembly is useless I am going to kill Virgo," I whispered to Aquarius who giggled. "Come on, maybe it is something important. We did all get an e-mail from the school saying it was mandatory unless you had an emergency or something," Aquarius said, remembering the e-mail.

"Well, we almost died! It was traumatizing," I whisper-yelled as she laughed. "Both of you shut it," Scorpio said, gesturing to the podium. Our principal stood in front of a podium, tapping on the mic to get our attention.

"Hello, students! Welcome back! If you are not aware, I'm your principal, Mrs Blake! As you have all been informed, today is a very important assembly. For the first week of school, you went back to your homes. But know that you've got used to that, we have decided you will be staying in dorms!" she exclaimed ad everyone in the auditorium gasped.

"Now, I'm letting all of you know- this is not an option. Unless something is very urgent that you need to go home every day, then please come have a talk with me. But otherwise, you will be staying in dorms with 1 or 2 other people. You will receive your dorm room and key during the last period of the day. You may go home today to pack all the things you will need. You may also go home and weekends, holidays, and if you're sick or have an emergency," she explained.

"I've always wanted to stay in dorms!" Pisces exclaimed excitedly. "I'm not really sure how this is going to play out we are probably going to be separated," Virgo said, calculating something in her mind. "That concludes this assembly!" the principal announced as she walked off the stage. Just as we were all about to head out, she stopped us. "Hi! Can you twelve stay back," she said, pointing to the side of the stage. "There's something I need to discuss with you and some others," she said, as she left to get more people.

"Um...are we in trouble?" Cancer asked nervously as we walked backstage. "If you guys did something..." Aries said looking from Leo to me. "Wow- I didn't do anything! I can't believe you think I did," Leo said, offended. "Well, you guys are always causing drama," Libra said matter-of-factly. "Don't you guys think it's weird that all of us got called?" Gemini asked. "Oh- I hope Capricorn isn't going to miss anything important," Taurus said worriedly.

"Aww you worried 'bout your little boyfriend?" I nudged her as Leo laughed. "What? He's not my boyfriend!" she said, her face flushed. Before I could say anything else, the principal appeared, along with about 10 students behind her. She gestured for them to join us.

"Hello, zodiacs and constellations!" she exclaimed. What? How did she know? I had thought this was a regular school and people just thought we had zodiac names... But she knew who we were? And there we more constellations? Everyone looked equally confused.

"I'm not sure if you are aware, but all of you are special. You are all constellations that have been sent down to Earth, and you're at this school for a reason. You all have special powers," she said as we stared at her in shock.

"You will all be staying in the dorms on the second floor, which are a bit more...special. The zodiacs will live 3 to a dorm, based on your element and the rest of the constellations will be split up randomly," she explained.

Virgo raised her hand. "Yes Virgo?" she asked. Wait, how did she know her name? "What do you mean we have "powers"? she asked suspiciously. "Ahh ok. Each one of you has 1 power. The probability is, you don't know what it is. So this is why all you will be having is one class added to your schedule- and that is an astronomy class. You will learn about the stars and constellations and this class will also help you discover your power. For some people, you'll get your power quickly. For others, it might take you time," she explained.