Chapter 13- Memories

~Leo's POV~

It has been an exhausting week of school and I was so relieved it was the weekend. I woke up at 10 am and headed downstairs sluggishly. Of course, Virgo and Aries were awake (as always) as well as a few others. By 12 pm, everyone had come down as we had "breakfast"- it was more like lunch honestly.

As we were watching TV, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" Aquarius said as she was closest to the door. After a minute, she came back. "Leo- someone is here to see you," Aquarius said, walking to the couch. "Me?" I asked confused as she nodded. I headed to the door, which was already cracked open.

As I opened it wider, I saw a boy standing there smiling. "Hey, Leo- remember me?" he said. I thought for a second-he looked really familiar. "Liam? Is that you?" I said, shocked. He laughed. "Oh, it's been so long!" I said as I gave him a hug. "It's great to see you again," he said. "You too! Why are you here though?" I asked.

"Well, I was wondering if you want to go for coffee? I just wanted to talk for a bit- of course, you don't have to I just-" he hesitated. "Oh- of course! Give me a minute to get ready," I said as he nodded. "Why don't you come in?" I asked, gesturing him in. "Oh no- it's alright- I'll wait," he reassured. 

I quickly closed the door and went to change. I had never expected to see Liam again. He was my only ex that I actually did remember. Maybe he just wanted to talk things through? I did miss him- but I wasn't really sure. I didn't wear anything too fancy- in case I created the wrong impression.

I quickly put on my watch, grabbed my phone, and rushed downstairs. "You going somewhere, Leo?" Aquarius asked as I rushed out. "Oh ya- I'll be back!" I said grabbing my purse and heading out. I saw Liam in his car, waiting. 

"Do you wanna walk? The coffee shop is close to here- and it's great weather!" he said. "Sure- why not?" I agreed. We walked in silence admiring the beauty of the warm day as the sun shone down on us. When we arrived, we quickly took our orders and found a comfy booth in a corner.

"You know you didn't have to pay right?" I asked as we settled in. "I know- but I was the one who showed up at your house- I wouldn't want you to pay for something you didn't even ask for," he said as I smiled. 

"Anyways, how have you been? Seems you're rich now," he chucked. "Ya- apparently. And if I'm being honest, I don't even know how," I admitted. "Apparently, I'm a zodiac sign and now I'm living with the other 11 and-" I stopped when I realized his confused look. "It's complicated," I sighed as he laughed.

"Leo, I actually have something I need to give you," he said, as he took something out of his pocket. It was a small jewelry box. As he opened the box, I saw a familiar-looking necklace. "Is that...my missing necklace?" I asked. It was my favorite necklace- the last thing that my biological mom had given me. I had lost it around the time Liam and I had broken up.

"I was doing some spring cleaning and I found this in the back of one of my cabinets. I guess you left it at my house and maybe it got replaced," he guessed. I took it from him and stared at it longingly. Suddenly, I felt tears pressing my eyes. 

"Hey, hey what's wrong?" he asked, looking concerned. "I just..." my voice choked up. He was suddenly by my side as he hugged me. The necklace was one of the most important things I had and I was devastated when I lost it. I finally composed myself and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Liam, you don't know how much this means to me," I said, my voice wavering. He smiled kindly. "Leo, do you... do you think we could start over and be friends?" he asked. I looked at him. "Of course, I think that we were just better off as friends."

We kept talking and I really enjoyed myself. "It's getting late, I have to head out," he said, looking at his phone. "What, you gotta date?" I joked. "Actually..." he laughed. "WAIT REALLY?" I said. "Ya actually, it's this girl I met this summer- nothing serious though," he explained.

"Good luck!" I said as we hugged before leaving home. Walking home, I realized I had been out for almost three hours. Great! I ran home and burst through the door, out of breath. "Uh- you ok Leo?" said a voice.

I looked up to see Capricorn and Cancer in the kitchen. "Huh? Oh ya, I'm fine," I said, still winded. "Where were you for so long?" Cancer questioned. "Oh, just meeting an old friend," I answered. "Well, dinner is about ready, if you want to eat," Capricorn said, setting the table.

"I'll be down in a minute," I said, heading upstairs. I quickly changed and came back down. As we were eating, the doorbell rang again. "It's for you Pisces," Aries said, coming back into the room. He handed him a letter. "Oooh- I'll open it later," he said tucking into his pocket.

~Virgo's POV~

As I sat in my room after dinner, I stared at the poster on my bed and sighed. I really wanted to just rip it into pieces and flush it down the toilet. Or maybe burn it and bury it? Maybe something less dramatic like just throwing it in the trash.

But every time I wanted to, I just couldn't bring myself to. It brought back memories I didn't want to remember. Whenever I remembered all of this, I teared up, then got angry, and wished he had never given this to me.

I grabbed it and quickly shoved it under my bed so no one would see it. If someone else in the house saw this, it would be a disaster. Just as I was about to head to bed, I heard a blood-curdling scream.

What is in the letter that Pisces got?

What is Virgo hiding from everyone else?

What was that scream?

Read the next chapter to find out!