prologue

SADIE JO MACHER, known as Sadie Danvers to all of her 'friends', is the niece of the original ghostface killer, Stu Macher. She's always felt a special connection to her Uncle, even though she would never get to meet him. So, when she began to strategize her plan, she took all inspiration from him. However, for her plan to work needed drop all connections to the crazed psychopath. So, she changed her last name.

     Sadie met Ethan and Quinn Kirsch the day she moved into her house in New York. Her parents had just recently divorced and her mother wanted as far away from her father as possible. So, she took Sadie and her sister and the three of them moved to New York.

     Ethan wasn't too fond of Sadie at first. He thought she was bossy and mean. However, Quinn and Sadie clicked as soon as she sat down to play tea party with them. And although Valerie Macher was significantly younger than the three of them, the Kirsch siblings were happy to include her.

    As the years went on the four grew to be great friends. So once Quinn left for college, it was just Ethan, Valerie and Sadie. Soon enough, Ethan and Sadie shared their first kiss with each other. Along with a bunch of other 'firsts'.

     They were gathered at the Kirsch residence for dinner when the call came through. Richie Kirsch, the eldest sibling, had been pronounced dead. Though, the real shocker was the reason and cause of death. Homicidal defense.

     Richie and his way too young girlfriend, Amber, had been traumatizing Woodsboro for the last week. He had taken many innocent lives for fame and in return, Samantha Carpenter had taken his. Slit throat.

     Over time Quinn began to grow angry. Angry that her brother was dead at the hands of some bitch. She didn't see the harm in what Richie had done, just the motive of it. And soon, she was able to convince Ethan the exact same thing.

     However, Sadie couldn't give less of a fuck about Richie. He was a pussy and died like one too. No, she felt the hunger to follow in her Uncles footsteps.

    That and she would do anything for Ethan.