ix. it's a shrine

IT'S A SHRINE.

     SADIE SAT WITH HER HEAD IN her hands on the back of the ambulance

     SADIE SAT WITH HER HEAD IN her hands on the back of the ambulance. The sun had risen and the place was now swarming with cops and paramedics. Everyone's wounds had been treated immediately and Sadie had been patched up with a total of 5 stitches. However, Quinn's death had played out correctly, so that was a major plus to the failed plan.

     Wayne had followed through with his job like he hand promised and was able to get to Quinn's body first to swap it out. Now, he was only to play the roll of a grieving father, which wouldn't be hard for him to do considering he was still worked up about Richie's actual death.

     "Chad.." Sadie's head quickly popped up at the sound of her boyfriends voice. He looked around in confusion before looking back at his roommate. His eyes flickered onto Sadie's sunken ones for a moment.

     Chad stormed up to him and slammed him back against a truck behind him. Sadie felt the urge to jump up and defend him, but she knew she couldn't act on it. "Where were you?" Chad demanded, grasping Ethan's jacket harder.

     "W-What? When?" Ethan asked, a scared twinkle in his eye at Chads sudden aggression.

     "Last night."

     "I had Econ you know this!" Ethan stressed. Sadie bit down on her lip at the tense interaction and prayed that Ethan wouldn't slip up on his story.

"Bullshit, man! You disappear and my sister almost gets killed!"

"Dude, I was in a study hall with a hundred other people, ask any of them!" Ethan promised, holding his hands out.

Chad pushed him again as he let go, taking a step back. "Fuck, man." He cursed.

Ethan stands up straight again and looks to the two body bags laying on the concrete from a distance. "Oh, my God. Who?" He asks Chad.

"Anika and Quinn."

Ethan walks towards all of them sitting the in back of the ambulance, "Mindy, I'm so sorry."

"Step the fuck back," She says harshly. Ethan's face drops and he halts in his steps. "You're at the top of my list." Sadie hangs her head lowly again in frustration at all of Mindy's assuming. Though, she was right.

"I had Econ!" Ethan pressed. Mindy looks up at her twin and he looks perplexed on wether he wants to believe Ethan's alibi or not. Tara lays a comforting hand onto Sadie's shoulder.

"I'm going to be right back," Tara said, getting off the ambulance and walking over to her sister and an emotional Wayne. Wow, he's really selling this.

Sadie scoots over more towards Mindy, bringing her legs up to her body. Ethan sits down next to her, making Mindy scoff in annoyance. She didn't understand why he wouldn't just leave them alone.