xv. much less scary at the serial killer movie theater

MUCH LESS SCARY AT THE SERIAL KILLER MOVIE THEATER.

     CHAD'S OUTBURST LINGERED in the air for a moment, everybody's eyes set on him

CHAD'S OUTBURST LINGERED in the air for a moment, everybody's eyes set on him. Tara slowly began to nod her head, holding her hand up at him for a high five. Sadie side eyed Ethan, twitching one of her eyebrows up in amusement at their confidence.

It's amusing to Sadie how they all believed they could take them down with ease. They weren't Amber and Richie. The three of them actually know how to do things the right way, all while being smart about it.

The room went silent again as there was a turning to the knob of the front door. Sam pushed everyone behind her out of protection as she stared strangely at the door. The door creaked open slowly and a foot clad in a black boot stepped through the threshold.

Sadie heard Tara suck in a breath as they all waited in anticipation to see who it was. Sadie's eyebrows furrowed together in confusion, knowing that Quinn was back at her apartment. She didn't have any idea of who it could be.

Everyone sighed in relief once Danny stepped into view fully and shut the door behind him. His face was full of panic and he immediately ran over to Sam, pulling her into a hug. She melted into his arms and pulled him closer to her.

The group of teenagers watched their interaction with sad expressions. Chad turned his body away from everyone as his tears started to flow again. Tara turned to comfort him, placing a hand on his shoulder and whispering calming things in his ear. Ethan's hand skimmed lightly over Sadie's and she turned to look at him. His eyebrows rose, silently asking her an unspoken question.

Sadie knew exactly what he has asking, however, and gave him a slight nod in agreement back. Ethan felt electricity surge throughout his whole body in excitement.

"Maybe he gets to win this time." Everyone stopped what they were doing to shoot Sam a questioning look. Her voice was soft and shaky as she spoke, "He wants to punish me. Me. So maybe I let him." Sadie bit down on her bottom lip, did she look like a he? "If this is what I have to do to keep you safe; it's worth it."

"No!" Tara immediately protested, grasping her sisters arms in her hands. "No, we're not doing that, Sam." Ethan shifted on his feet, already sick of all the dramatics. "You're the reason we're still alive, Sam. You have to let us protect you this time." Sam shook her head, blinking away the tears forming in her eyes. "Yes. We're a team remember?"

     "Actually, we're a family," Chad spoke up. He walked over to Tara and placed an arm around her shoulders. "Core four!" Though his whole expression dropped upon realizing they were missing a 1/4 of their group. "She would want this. She would want us to go out there and kick some Ghostface ass!"

     Tara smiled softly, "Yeah, she would. Core four!" The three of them put their hands together. Sadie tapped her foot impatiently.

     "Core what?" Danny asked.