vii. don't speak ill of the dead

❛ 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃. ❜

     WAYNE WAS EASY TO CONVINCE

     WAYNE WAS EASY TO CONVINCE. All it took was a few fake tears and manipulating and he was at his daughters service. He had become more gentle and sympathetic towards his kids since the loss of his eldest son, but he had also become angry and resentful towards the ones who had taken Richie away from him. Though, he never planned to share his wicked thoughts, that was until his kids revealed they felt the same and had already began to act on the emotion.

     He had agreed to be the first one on the scene and confirm Quinn's "death", but that was all he could do for the kids. After all, he is a cop and there's only so much you can get away with.

"What a fucking freak show," Sadie whispered to her boyfriend as they examined the shrine Richie had been putting together for all of his teenage years up until his death. Wayne and Quinn were on the other side of the room looking at Billy Loomis' knife.

     Ethan and Sadie had shared a disturbed look as soon as they had walked into the place that Wayne had led them to. After Richie's death everything he owned was passed down to his father. He had bought the abandoned theater after saving up enough money for it by working his shitty job when he was only 15. It was safe to say his family had no idea about it, because the looks on all three Kirsch's faces when they walked in were shocked about what they had stumbled upon.

     Sadie thought it was a strange obsession to have. Sure, she was basically doing the same thing Richie had done, but her motive was different. It made more sense. He was just a man baby with a weird interest in serial killers. He was an actual psycho.

     Quinn and Wayne, however, thought the place was special. It was what Richie had loved and in their eyes that was all that mattered. They didn't see the weirdness in it, only the passion he had for it. Ethan was a mixture of both impressed and a little creeped out.

"How'd he even get all of this stuff, anyways?" Ethan asked loudly toward his family as he and Sadie stood together looking at the T-Shirt Randy Meeks was murdered in. It was bloody and ripped up, and it made Sadie wonder if his nieces would look the same way.

     Wayne laughed softly. "It's easy to bribe cops, kid. Especially, if you offer a good enough price."

     "Yeah, but that's my point," Ethan exclaimed, turning to his father. "He worked a shitty job that only payed him $7.50 an hour. No way he was able to buy all of this stuff with that kind of money."

     "Maybe he had a person on the inside," Sadie thought aloud, running a finger over a stunt knife used for the Stab movies. Wayne hummed at her assumption.

     "Or maybe he was a drug dealer," Ethan humored, to which Quinn shot him a dirty look. "I mean, he did lead a double life."

     "Don't speak ill of the dead, Ethan." She rolled her eyes. Quinn had always been protective over Richie, even though she was younger. She felt the need to defend his honor and make it seem like he isn't as bad of a person that he was being made out to be. "Especially, if it's your own brother."

     "Whatever," Ethan said sassily, making Sadie chuckled at his attitude.

     The group of four continued wandering around the place and looking at all of the artifacts until they all met in the middle of the center stage. All of the Ghostface costumes from Billy and Stu to Charlie and Jill were placed in glass cases, each of their knives wedged in between the mannequins fake fingers.

     Sadie stood quietly in front of her Uncles case, her eyes gleaming as she examined it. She upon seeing her reflection in his bloodied knife. A surge of energy spread throughout her body and she had the sudden urge to take the knife. It was if she could feel him.

A hand on her shoulder snapped her out of the trance she had fallen into, and she jumped a little. Ethan threw her a confused glance once she turned to face him. "Are you okay?" He asked, cupping her cheek with one of his hands, the other one placed on her upper arm.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You just startled me a little," She smiled, lacing her fingers through his own.

"Now that we've stumbled upon this I guess we can get rid of the costume," Quinn said as she ran her fingers along the cool glass of Roman Bridger's case. "I call Roman's."

"Sadie, I assume you'll take your Uncle's?" Wayne laughed lowly, eyes settling upon the quiet teenager.

     "Yeah," She responded, turning back to face his case.

     "Ethan? What about you, son?"

     "Nancy Loomis has always been my favorite," He replied, finally walking away from Sadie and over to the woman's display.

     "Well then, it looks like you kids have a plan to execute."

The TV played loudly in the background as Sadie and Ethan laid cuddled up on her bed together. Quinn had just left Sadie's dorm a couple minutes ago after the trio finalized their plan for tomorrow night. Ethan wasted no time in wrapping his arms around his girlfriends waist.

"Do you think it's all going to work out for us?" Sadie asked out of the blue, stating up at her ceiling with an intense gaze. She didn't know why the question had popped into her mind, because she had no worries at all, but she was curious to how Ethan was feeling.

She felt him focus his gaze onto her. "I'll make sure it does." His voice was full of so much sincerity that it brought a big smile to Sadie's face. She turned on her side to face him, bringing her hand up to his cheek to cup it. Ethan's head was full of thoughts and worries, but his main priority was her. It all ways would be. To protect her. To put her above everything else. To love her endlessly.

     "I love you," She whispered to him sweetly, brushing his hair out of his eyes and up on his forehead. He chuckled while wrapping an arm around her waist and bringing her closer to him. "Even after everything goes down, I'll love you."

      "I love you too, Sadie Jo," He responded, his heart full at the sight before him. Ethan believed they were going to last forever.

     Nothing could get in the way of their love, it was far too pure. There was no obstacle that the two couldn't face.

∙․◦✩ OLIVIA'S OUTRO!
( this is total shit i'm sorry.
i totally just changed the
original ending of this chapter
because i cant figure this shit out )