xvii. this is what my uncle wanted

THIS IS WHAT MY UNCLE WANTED. ❜

     TARA'S HAND DROPPED TO her side, the brick she was holding clattering on the ground beneath her, landing dangerously close to her foot

     TARA'S HAND DROPPED TO her side, the brick she was holding clattering on the ground beneath her, landing dangerously close to her foot. Sam blinked a couple of times to make sure what she was seeing was real. Ethan hunched forward in laughter at the shock and fear on their faces. Sadie felt her heartbeat speed up at the rush of it all. Her fingers twitched in anticipation of getting to reveal herself.

     "You?" Tara asked, her voice a lot smaller than it was before.

     "Duh!" Ethan giggled. "Although, I'm a little disappointed in the two of you. I thought it would be obvious to you who it was. I mean, especially after what you did to us."

     "What do you mean 'us'?"

     Ethan's head snapped over into his sisters direction, and Quinn began to slowly push the top of her cloak back. Everyone was still as the mask lifted over her face. She shot them a condescending smile and a little wave of her knife.

     "Hey roomies. You didn't see that one coming did you?"

     Tara scoffed, "Yeah, because you died!" Sadie shook her head slowly.

     "Kinda didn't, though," Quinn rebuttals. "It was a good way to get off the suspect list. Stab Gale Weathers. That sorta thing."

     Tara turned towards Ethan again with storms in her eyes. "What kind of sick fuck are you? I-Is this some kind of fucked friend group situation? Did you all binge watch the movies in your mothers basement too much?"

     "I wouldn't exactly say that, would you sis?" Ethan laughed, looking at Quinn.

     "Not at all."

      "You're siblings?" Sam finally spoke up. She looked between the two of them in disgust before her eyes landed on Sadie, who was still clad in the costume. Sadie stared back at her intently, unbeknownst to Sam.

     "Ding, ding, ding!" Ethan said. "And on the topic of family..."

     Know all the attention was on Sadie. She threw her hood back and peeled the mask off of her face, shaking her head to get all of her blonde hair free before throwing a grin to the Carpenter sisters.

     "Sadie?!" Tara screamed, a hand covering her mouth. She turned her body away from the blonde, not being able to bear the sight in front of her anymore.

     "Hi..." She drew out.

     Ethan leaned over to peck his girlfriends cheek, causing Sam to let out a small, shocked gasp. Sadie flushed underneath his touch before taking a small step forward, making Sam pull her and Tara back a bit.