iv. people watch too many movies nowadays

PEOPLE WATCH TOO MANY MOVIES NOWADAYS

     CHAD SMILED SOFTLY AT Sadie as she entered his hospital room, holding the door open for Anika to leave so she could go stay with Ethan

     CHAD SMILED SOFTLY AT Sadie as she entered his hospital room, holding the door open for Anika to leave so she could go stay with Ethan. Tara sat beside him, grasping onto his hand tightly. He looked rough. His bandages were blood soaked and looked like they needed to be changed, and he was hooked up to an oxygen machine. He should be dead.

     "Hey. You sure are tough, aren't you?" Sadie laughed, coming to stand beside Tara. In honesty, she wanted to rip the oxygen mask off of him and yank the IV's out, but she knew she couldn't do that.

Chad looked from Tara over to Sadie, offering her the best smile he could muster up beneath the oxygen mask. He threw her a shaky thumbs up, his arm immediately dropping back down to his side, heavily. Tara's face was full of grief as she stared at him.

"Have the doctors said anything about him needing any surgeries?" Sadie asked Tara, who finally took her glossy eyes off Chad and turned them to Sadie.

     "No," She muttered, "All ligaments were missed, and the cuts in his stomach weren't deep enough to penetrate any type of intestines." Sadie nodded in fake relief. How fucking hard can it be, Quinn?

     "Well, I'm going to get going," Sadie said, offering a small wave to Chad. "I have an Econ test tomorrow that I haven't studied for."

     Tara sent her a grateful smile, "Thanks for checking up." Sadie smiled at her again before exiting the room and shutting the door, blowing out a deep breath while she momentarily closed her eyes. She jumped when she opened the back up, however, as she was face to face with Mindy. The twin stared harshly at her, their noses inches away from each other.

     "Where are you going?" She questioned angrily. Sadie placed her two hands on Mindy's shoulders and shoved her out of her face swiftly. Mindy raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms over her chest as she awaited an answer from Sadie.

    "Not that it's any of your damn business, but I have a big Econ test tomorrow that I would like to pass. So, I'm going to go study," She replied, tilting her head at the girl. "See you later, Mindy!"

Mindy's eyes narrowed in on the blondes back as she sauntered down the hallway kn confidence. "Yeah."

It was later that night, and after Sadie had studied for three hours straight, she decided she wanted to pay her boyfriend another visit. Sadie pulled the sleeves of Ethan's hoodie down over hands, shivering at the coldness of the night. She was hoping that everyone had already gone back to their places, and that she wouldn't run into ang of them. It would be hard explaining why she had come back to visit Ethan for a second time that day, when the two had only known each other for "a month", and wasn't even that good of friends.