xvi. did you kill our friend?

DID YOU KILL OUR FRIEND?

     THERE WAS NO room to move

     THERE WAS NO room to move. Chad and Sadie were pressed against each other in a small corner of the train. People were in every seat and crevice, making Sadie worry if the whole thing would collapse under all that weight. Not to mention the stench. Sadie wondered if any of the people around her had bothered to put on deodorant.

Chad's arm was above Sadie's head, gripping on to a metal bar. Sadie turned her body closer to him begrudgingly as she would rather smell his cologne than the body odor of the others.

Sadie continued to go over the plan in her head. The plan had been set through a string of messages. Quinn had already arrived to the theater and taken her spot beside the power box, waiting for her cue to shut it down. Ethan was with the rest of them, seeking out an opportunity to slip away without being noticed. He'd do that upon Sadie's arrival and the power going out.

"Are you okay? You look a little sick," Chad bent down closer to Sadie's ear so she would be able to hear him over all the noise of the train. Sadie's body jumped at his breath on her, too lost in thought to even remember where she was.

She cleared her throat. "Yeah, just thinking."

Chad hummed in response and returned to his position. Sadie felt the train jolt to a stop and watched as people got off, most of them hollering with each other. Only two more stops and they would be there.

Chad and Sadie stood outside of the theater, waiting for the other to go in first. Sadie was not going in first, and Chad knew better than to think she would. He huffed at the expectant look she shot him when neither of them moved, and ripped open the door. It was pitch black which let Sadie knew that Quinn had already began.

As the two walked through the entrance of the theater, faint talking was heard from the main room. Chad stopped both and Sadie in their tracks and pressed a finger to his lip, telling Sadie to stay silent. She nodded her head slowly and tried to listen in on the conversation taking place.

     "What are you saying? Who even is this?" They heard Sam question. She pressed her phone to her ear, confused at who she was speaking to and why they were telling her that Kirby had been fired from the FBI two months ago.

Sadie and Chad watched as Sam hung up the phone and raced to the cage that led to the back door. She stopped short, tugging at the now chained door. A panic set in over her which made a small smile appear on Sadie's lips.

And then the power went out.

Chad grabbed Sadie's hand out of instinct, looking around the place to see if he could see anybody around. Sam walked slowly back into the theater, her eyes trained on the screen that appeared on the front wall. A whirring sound echoed throughout the space and it was suddenly lit up with the glow of one of Richie's homemade videos. Sadie rolled her eyes.