xi. it's fucking torture

IT'S FUCKING TORTURE.

small note : this chapter takes place in sadie's apartment, but i don't specifically describe the layout

small note : this chapter takes place in sadie's apartment, but i don't specifically describe the layout. if confused; imagine a very open floor plan! the only separate room is the bathroom.

CURLY HAIR WAS SPRAWLED across Sadie's bare chest, the ends of it tickling her neck a little. She had been studying Ethan's breathing pattern for the past few minutes to try and go to sleep, but her mind was too busy. Thoughts about what would happen if everything didn't work out for them had been echoing constantly in her head for the past two days.

     She didn't want to think about that situation, but she couldn't help it. It was nagging away at her and she wasn't sure how to make it stop.

     Ethan stirred a bit, his arm wrapping tighter around her waist and his face digging deeper into her chest. She ran a hand through his wild hair and thought about the possibility of loosing him. It weighed heavy on her heart and she wanted to cry instantly.

     Before Sadie could get deeper into any of her thoughts she was pulled out of them by a heavy thud at her door. Someone's fist was repeatedly pounding on it, creating a sense of urgency. Sadie's eyebrows knitted together tightly, and she contemplated getting up to see who it was. Who could be at her door at 2:30 in the morning?

     The constant bangs eventually woke Ethan up. His body sat upright, and he bring Sadie up with him as his arm was still secured around her waist.

     "Who the hell is here?" He asked in a groggy voice from having just been woken up. Sadie felt herself swooning at the sound of it.

     "I don't know," She whispered back. The knocks continued and she found it weird that if it was someone she knew, they hadn't said anything yet. "Go to the bathroom just in case." Sadie pointed to the bathroom door as she kept her eyes on the front one. Ethan nodded and slipped out of bed, not even thinking about grabbing his clothes which were on the floor beside him. Sadie giggled at the sight of his unclothed body tip toeing across the room.

     "Stop laughing at me!"

     She pressed the back of her hand to her lips to control her laughter. He flipped her off as he faded into the darkness of the room, shutting the door quietly behind him.

     The knocking had yet to cease, so Sadie slipped into her pajama shorts and threw Ethan's discarded hoodie on. Carefully, she made her way to the door, making sure not to make any noise so that if it was someone dangerous, they wouldn't know she was home. Not that she couldn't take them on.

     Her eyes pressed into the peephole, having a clear view of a panicked Quinn. Sadie rolled her eyes before swinging the door open, the red head brushing past her into the apartment quickly.

       "Took you long enough to open the damn door!" Quinn said, heading straight to the refrigerator and grabbing a bottle of water. She flicked off the cap and started chugging, sighing in relief while doing so.