xviii. i love you so much, sadie jo

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, SADIE JO.

     SAM LET OUT A YELL AS Sadie retracted her knife from her flesh

     SAM LET OUT A YELL AS Sadie retracted her knife from her flesh. Tara picked up her brick from the floor again and held it out in front of her and Sam protectively. She pushed her sister to the side and out of the middle of the three crazed teenagers all pointing knives at them.

     "Ding, ding, ding! Now she's finally starting to get it," Sadie clapped, moving over to the side where Tara was, while Quinn went to Sam's. Tara shook her head and swung the brick towards Sadie's face as she threatened her with the knife.

     "It wasn't until I saw that photograph of what you'd actually done to him, that I knew you had to pay. That you all had to pay!" Ethan yelled angrily, pointing at the two of them. "That you all have to fucking die!"

     Sadie and Quinn continued to inch closer to the sisters until they pressed up against each others back side. Quinn held the knife to Sam's throat as Sadie kept a little distance from Tara.

     "Real great sibling you are," Tara muttered.

     Quinn was quickly angered by this and shoved the girl forward. "Shut your whore fucking mouth!" Sadie blinked slowly at the outburst. Quinn seemed to be full of them.

     "I know we weren't the best siblings. You know, we fed into his obsession with these movies maybe a little too freely. But he loved them," Ethan began to tear up. "He even made a few of his own." Everyone's attention shifted to the film still rolling on the wall, a video of younger Richie talking about his movie. Sadie rolled her eyes at the sappiness. "Which is why I helped him build this collection."

     "Wait, this is all Richie's?" Sam asked in pure horror and disturbance.

     "He was a very passionate collector. He inspired others," He answered. "Eh, but, we had to kill those other two film students, because, we had to kill you first, Sam."

     "And this is where you have to die," Quinn chirps up. "Surrounded by the things he loved the most."

     "What happens next, huh? Are you just going to kill us and disappear?" Sam continued. Sadie played silently with the end of her knife, not finding any interest in the pointless conversation. It was all a bunch of fucking small talk to her.

     "No!" Ethan said in a sassy tone that made Sadie quick a smile. "We gotta make sure none of you pull through. Because everybody dies, Sam!"

     "Yeah!" Quinn yelled. Sadie remained quiet.

     "Everybody who had any part in my brothers death, has to face the consequences." Ethan pointed his knife directly at her chest. "Now put on the mask!" He ordered.

     Sam looked down at the mask in her heads for a few seconds before looking back up at Ethan, a menacing glare in her eye. "He was so pathetic. . ." She whispered.