ii. you're a snake

YOU'RE A SNAKE!

     SADIE SCRUNCHED HER eyebrows in confusion as Mindy made a weird head motion in front of them

     SADIE SCRUNCHED HER eyebrows in confusion as Mindy made a weird head motion in front of them. The group had made it back to the apartment after an argument and a heated encounter in the street. However, Tara had stormed off to her room— Chad following behind her— and Sam had left the apartment as soon as she stepped foot into it. Currently, Sadie, Ethan, Anika, and Mindy were all sat in the living room playing charades.

     "Oh, I know! You're a snake!" Anika snapped her fingers at her girlfriend, a confident look on her once perplexed face. Mindy's head stopped moving and she looked at Anika in defeat.

     "No!" She threw her hands up, shaking her head. "Ethan? Sadie? Do you have any more horrible guesses?" Ethan shook his head and pressed his lips together tightly.

     "A chicken? I don't know," Sadie replied, shrugging her shoulders. Clearly, Mindy wasn't the best at charades.

     "No guys, I'm a pigeon!" She exclaimed, watching as the three of them looked at each other in pure confusion. "It was so obvious!" Anika placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"No, Mindy, it wasn't," Ethan laughed, going to place an arm around his girlfriend before realizing what he was doing. She shot him a side eye and he quickly played it off as he was stretching. Sadie discreetly rolled her eyes at his stupidity.

Suddenly, the TV channels switched from NCIS to the local News Station. A news reporter stood in front of an apartment building, cops and paramedics swarming behind him. Ethan's hand brushed over Sadie's and their eyes connected in an almost exciting manner. Anika and Mindy watched it intently, wondering what was going on.

At the mention of Ghostface, Mindy screamed throughout the apartment for everyone to come in the living room. Tara and Chad came out of her room, both with small smiles on their faces. Even Quinn came out of her bedroom, telling her nightly hookup to stay in her room and to not come out. Sadie threw her a quick nod to which she returned softly.

     Chad ran to get Sam after hearing about the killings. Sadie licked her lips, looking around at everyone's scared faces. She wanted to smile, proud the plan was going smoothly so far, but she refrained from doing so. Instead she placed a fake expression of worry.

"Their names have just been released by police; Jason Carvey and Greg-"

    "Holy shit that's that chode from our film study class! The one who's obsessed with Argento." Mindy pointed to the TV.

     The news reporter continued, "Also found at the crime scene were various ghost face costumes-" Their faces were priceless. "The character popularized by the Stab movie franchise."

     "Pack a bag, we leave in ten," Sam pointed at Tara, going straight to the kitchen and searching through the knife drawer. What? Sadie's face turned dark and her eyes narrowed in on a panicking Sam. Tara followed her older sister into the kitchen, shouts of distress spewing from her mouth quickly.

Sadie turned to Quinn, nodding her heads towards the door slickly, indicating that they needed to get out of there. Quinn dipped her head down in recognition, making her way back into her room without anyone noticing.

     Sadie stood up from the couch abruptly, although everyone was too engrossed in Sam and Tara's argument to notice. She tapped Anika on the shoulder and leaned down to her ear. "I have to run, keep me updated."

     Anika raised her eyebrows in excitement. "Where are you going? Got a hot hookup?" The girl giggled as Sadie shot her a tight lipped smile.

     "Something like that."

     Sadie's apartment door swung open, the Kirsch siblings entering in side by side. The blonde was sprawled across her bed, editing more pictures of Sam to make it look like she was the killer and Richie was innocent. Ethan threw himself on the bed, landing on Sadie.

     "Get off of me, hoe," She grunted, attempting to roll his body to the side and off of her back. Quinn stood emotionless in the middle of the room as she watched the couple. Once Sadie finally got her boyfriend to move over, she handed Quinn her phone. The red head smiled at the posters of her brother being portrayed as the victim.

     "They're perfect. Just text them to me and I'll get them uploaded," She said, handing Sadie her phone back. "So, let's talk about the next step." Sadie scooted over into Ethan to make more room for Quinn to sit down on the bed. "I say we kill Chad."

     "Why Chad?" Ethan asked, his hands playing in Sadie's hair soothingly.

     "Why not? Plus, he's the strongest out of all of them," Quinn explained. Ethan nodded in agreement, although his eyes looked sad. Sadie looked at him in question but he only planted a kiss on the end of her nose in return. "I wish you guys wouldn't do that when I'm around."

     "Sorry," Sadie giggled. "Although, Chad is a very solid next victim option, I think it should be Mindy. I mean, she's everywhere! Every where I look she is there, observing everybody. It's honestly very annoying."

     Quinn rolled her eyes at Mindy's always hovering presence. "Okay, so Mindy and then Chad."

     "Or both of them at the same time," Ethan suggested, shrugging his shoulders at the blatant obviousness of it.

     "Okay, so how do we do that?" Quinn asked, looking at Sadie for an answer. The blonde sat in silence for a moment, trying to figure out what would be the best way to trap the twins.

     "We could do it at school," Ethan offered up but Sadie shook her head no instantly.

     "Too risky. There's too many cameras at school," She muttered, biting on a hang nail. "What about in your dorm?" Sadie turned to Ethan.

     "That could work, we'll just have to figure out how to get Mindy there." Quinn and Sadie both nodded their heads, liking the idea that they were all coming up with. "Okay, now leave Quinn! Me and Sadie are fixing to... watch a movie."

     Quinn scoffed, but picked herself up off the bed anyways. "Bye, baby," She blew a kiss to Sadie, who caught it and pressed it to her heart.

     As soon as she was out of the door, Ethan turned his girlfriends head to his, leaning in toward her lips. However, Sadie quickly placed a hand between the two before their lips could touch.

     "No action tonight, remember?"

     Ethan groaned.

∙∘◦༄ OLIVIA'S OUTRO!
( short chapter sorry!! i'm
fixing to get blown away by
a tornado so peace out 🫶🏻 )