Awakening

Somewhere in Wild Space

Soft crunches could be heard through the thin air of the desolate moon as the Republic commandos of Epsilon squad traversed the cold terrain. The primary role of this unit of commandos was to explore regions of uncharted or uncontrolled space. Recently they located a moon orbiting a large gas giant, making the facility almost completely invisible to scanners.

Now the squad of eight elite soldiers approached an old abandoned base, from the insignia on the barricaded walls, it could be theorized that this facility belonged to the Old Republic before the rise of the Sith Empire, dating this base back hundreds if not thousands of years. Breaching through the frozen steel doors, the eight troopers switched on their flashlights and started to clear the building.

It didn't take the clones long to find a strange chamber littered with what appeared to be bacta pods lining the side of the walls. The majority of said pods were empty but a few seemed to contain something. Approaching the strange pods, the commandos found bodies of what appeared to be dead scientists and doctors, their flesh and muscles long decayed, leaving just their snow-coloured bones.

"Sir, you may wanna take a look at this!" One of the commandos called as he inspected a pod. As the commander of Epsilon squad walked over to the subordinate trooper, he saw that this pod seemed intact. What's more, is that whatever was inside seemed to be alive. Deciding that this recon op is coming to a close, the commander gave the order. "Sergeant Stalker, take two men and go warm up the shuttle. Contact the medical facility on Coruscant, and tell them that they have incoming."

"Sir, yes sir!" The sergeant barked as he summoned two of his fellow troopers to go with him. In the meantime, the remaining five commandos tried to figure out how they were going to get this pod out of there without damaging the thing inside of it.

Coruscant - Republic Chief Medical Facility

No one knew who or what was inside the pod or what technology is keeping it suspended. As a result, the medical facility had assembled a top-notch team consisting of their best doctors, two Kamino scientists and even Rig Nema from the Jedi order. As Epsilon squad stood guard alongside four Temple guards, the scientists and doctors analysed the ever-living Force out of the pod.

Turns out that there was a living person inside the pod and the "ice" that was keeping them alive was a modified version of bacta that kept the person inside alive but in a dormant state. Deciding to wake him up, the scientists attached some electrical cables and tubes to the pod before melting the altered bacta and draining the liquid.

Signalling two commandos to try and pry the hatch open, they were unsuccessful. In response, one of the Temple guards used his lightsaber to cut it open, allowing the clones to remove it properly. As the fogged-up glass was removed, everyone stared in wonder at what was inside, covered from head-to-toe in unrecognisable armour. The 2.2-meter-tall behemoth was clad in a dark sage green with black highlights and a gold visor stretched across his helmet. His identity was unknown with no means to identify the person inside other than a number on his chest; 117.

As the two commandos approached him, they were taken by surprise as the armoured giant launched at them, instantly tackling them to the group and seizing their pistols. Rising up like a wave from the ocean, the soldier stood his ground while the remaining clone commandos and guards tensed up and readied their weapons. Seeing four lightsabers ignite around him, the green trooper charged at the closest one, assuming that he was a Sith loyalist. Dodging the lighting-fast slice before bringing a pistol up to the base of the guard's head and squeezing the trigger, painting the wall behind him with the guard's crimson blood.

Having had enough, the remaining three temple guards alongside Master Nema used the Force to hold the supersoldier in place. Igniting her green lightsaber and putting it in a defensive position, Nema was surprised when she felt that the newly awakened entity had stopped resisting and calmed down.