Fleet Command

Outer Rim - Open Circle Fleet Command

In the few hours leading up to arrival at fleetcom, Chief had been training alongside both the General and Commander to hone his skills and dust off any rust that may have accumulated in his deep slumber. So far, it had mainly consisted of Commander Cody rediscovering and implementing training courses designed for the original Null-class ARC troopers. It was safe to say that Chief was superior to those early commandoes. Decimating the par time and setting records that even Jedi would have difficulty beating.

Now it was Kenobi's turn to test 117's prowess. Standing opposite the sage monster, Obi-wan attempted to get into Master Chief's mind using force. Despite not being a force user and still a bit mentally drained from the cryo-sleep, Chief repelled Kenobi's attempts with a mind made from steel. As the difficulty of the mind attacks increased, the Jedi Master even started to break a sweat as he gave it all of his concentration and willpower.

Luckily for the General, Commander Cody informed him that they will be arriving at fleetcom in approximately 5 minutes. Ending the training exercise, the trio walked into an elevator that took them to the bridge.

Gazing around the brain of the star destroyer, Chief could not help but notice the stares directed towards him. Looking out the window, 117 observed the large space station guarded by a small protection detail consisting of a few light cruisers and 2 Venators. Off to the side, a strike group made up of six Venators and around a dozen frigates rested, clearly awaiting the last member of their fleet to join them.

As the Negotiator neared the fleet, Master Chief was accompanied by Commander Cody towards the hanger bay where a transport awaited to take them to fleetcom. Boarding the shuttle, the two soldiers were soon dropped off in the station's primary hanger bay where they were greeted by a trooper in blue armour.

"Master Chief, this is Captain Rex of the 501st. He will be your other handler and direct supervisor for the duration of your stay with us." Cody informed the super soldier. As the trio walked towards the command centre, they informed 117 that he will be given the rank of Sergeant Gold Class. Being only one rank below Captain and still a rank higher than the rest of the NCO ranks, Chief was honoured to be given the responsibility of a leadership role.

A/N: The ranking system of the GAR is as follows (from lowest to highest): Trooper, Corporal, Sergeant, Sergeant Silver Class (ARC troopers), Sergeant Gold Class, Captain, Commander, Lieutenant, General/Admiral, Chancellor/Jedi Grandmaster.

As the large blast doors opened, Chief was greeted by a warming sight. At least two dozen men in either armour or service dress working hard on computers, maps and sensors. Because this was the heart of Republic operations in this sector, it didn't really come as a surprise to 117 that the nerve centre of it all was this busy.

"117, this is Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. He will be your CO most of the time, seeing as you will be stationed on his ship." The 501st Captain announced, causing Chief to come to attention and salute the Jedi Knight. "Sir, Master Chief 117 reporting for duty sir."

"At ease soldier, and next time let's not do all the formalities." Anakin responded lightly with a chuckle. After waiting for a moment, Obi-wan also joined at the war table alongside Admiral Yularen. Beginning the meeting, Chief observed the five other members discussing recent developments in Separatist movements and positions. Currently, there have been reports of multiple medium-sized foundries and mines built on Geonosis that are proving a credible threat to the region's security. Seeing a bold move that could be executed, Chief finally joined the conversation.

"Sirs, if I may, there appears to be a small fighter base in the asteroid field just outside Rodia that is too small to warrant the use of the whole fleet but too strong for a single ship to take out. I could infiltrate the outpost and disrupt their supply of vulture droids in the area." Gaining nods of approval from around the table, Master Chief got the green light to take out the fighter depot alongside his new team. "New team sirs?"

"Yes, you will be teamed up alongside two of our most decorated ARC troopers and a platoon of standard troops." Anakin answered before switching off the table and bringing the meeting to a close. "General Skywalker, with all due respect to your men, I have doubts that they won't be able to keep up with me and still maintain an effective fighting condition."

"That remains to be determined 117. After this mission, we can discuss your team's performance and decide on any changes that could possibly occur." Obi-wan responded swiftly, though he could not see it, Chief narrowed his eyes on him. 117 did not like the fact that some troops won't be making it out of this mission purely because of a bad call made by the ones in charge.

Nonetheless, he had his orders and there was a mission to be completed. Following Captain Rex, Chief proceeded to be transported over to the Resolute. A Venator star destroyer that was the flagship for General Skywalker and the HQ for the 501st.

"Chief, you should probably know the names of the troopers you will be working with. The ARC troopers are Fives and Echo, those two have saved my shebs more times than I can count. They are some of the best soldiers I have ever fought alongside and will always look for the best solution." Rex explained over the background hum of the engines. Master Chief listened intently from within his power armour, he was very interested in getting to know the men he will be fighting alongside for the foreseeable future. "Mantis platoon will be supporting you three. I must tell you however, these men are still relatively new to the war but have been trained to act as a jack-of-all-trades unit, meaning that they can do pretty much anything from flying ships to breaching doors."

"Sounds good sir, I look forward to meeting the men once we land on the Resolute."

"Yeah about that, they are not onboard the Venator just yet. They are being rerouted directly to the target from their current location. The team were just returning from a training exercise when you showed up."

"Captain, is there a transport that I could maybe catch a ride on?" Chief caused the clone to let out a light fit of laughter. "Soldier, I can do you one better than that. Can you fly a starfighter?"