Apex

Jedi Temple - Coruscant

Recently a Jedi Master and Padawan were killed on Devaron while protecting an ancient Jedi temple. Separatists had been making steady progress over the last few weeks but the new ARF trooper reinforcements should have at least slowed them down. However, the Republic forces had gone completely radio silent, which worried the Council to the point of sending the heavily decorated Delta Squad to investigate.

Interestingly, the commandoes had returned with the mutilated and ravaged bodies of both Master and Padawan. Concluding that this was the work of a monster rather than a droid, the Council immediately called for 117 to return to Coruscant. As the Republic cruiser touched down on the landing pad, Yoda and Windu watched as their hunter arrived. According to the incomplete Old Republic records, Chief was the apex predator in this profession. With a near-perfect success rate, it would be stupid to not pick him for this mission.

Briefing Chief on the situation, 117 was taken back to one of his first missions for the Old Republic. It was very similar to this, a group of Jedi Masters informed him of a target that needed to be eliminated. Only this time it wasn't a Sith but a savage brute that threatened the Republic's security greatly.

Following the short briefing in the Council Chambers, Chief was guided by Mace Windu towards the temple hangars. Stepping out to a large platform, Windu signalled for Chief to halt before presenting the spartan with his transport. A sleek grey ship with maroon details appeared out of nowhere on the platform. "This ship last saw action during the battle of Christophsis, so it may have some bumps but I assure you, the pilots know what they are doing."

Thanking the Jedi Master before throwing up a salute, Chief climbed aboard the stealth ship and reached the cockpit. "Where to sir?" The primary pilot asked, wearing a unique black airborne armour with a maroon helmet. Observing the rest of the crew, Chief saw that the navigators had large maroon crosses on their helmets, the gunners had two large red stripes going down each arm and the technicians had no markings. Each member of the crew was equipped with a set of black armour and external breathing modules. "Set course for Serenno, get us there as soon as possible."

"Sir, yes sir. Alright men, we're going to Serenno. Execute Special Recon, protocol seventy-one, I want this ship completely in the dark." The pilot relayed over the comm, soon the ship was in the air and on its way to the heart of Separatist space. 117 theorized that if the target was in any way related to the Sith, he would go back to his master. The leader of the Separatists was also a Sith lord by the name of Count Dooku, though he had almost been apprehended a few times before, he always managed to slip away from the conflict.

According to GAR files, Dooku resided primarily on Raxus and Serenno. However, both worlds harboured enormous fleets consisting of frigates, destroyers and even a few dreadnaughts. Concluding that it would be foolish to bring the assassin to the CIS's capitol, the only remaining option was Serenno. Looking out the front window of the stealth ship, Master Chief gazed at the passing stars to pass the time as they headed for their hazardous destination.

Time skip

Royal Palace - Serenno

After dropping out of hyperspace and engaging the ship's cloak, the transport successfully slipped past the planet's enormous fleet. According to the ship's scanners, there were at least 40 ships protecting the planet, 10 of which were Providence dreadnaughts. There were even 5 large Lucrehulk carriers that collectively carried tens of thousands of fighters, interceptors and bombers.

Reaching the landing zone was harder than expected, multiple Vulture droids were in the air flying patrols, making the crew have to plot additional nav points to steer clear of being detected. Eventually landing at the base of the mountain where the palace was built, the primary pilot told Chief that they would wait in orbit for him to finish up. Agreeing with the proposed plan, Chief disembarked after grabbing a sniper rifle from one of the weapon compartments.