Getting the facts straight

Coruscant - Republic Military Complex

With the recent arrival, Blue Team were quietly escorted to their previous quarters where they used to live. Tarkin had made sure that all traces of their previous residence had been removed and replaced with generic and uniformed equipment. The only things that now remained were the beds, some weights and empty armour stands.

After waiting in their rooms for what felt like an eternity, the door finally opened and revealed four Coruscant Guard troopers along with Commander Fox. Asking that Chief come with them, the supersoldier complied and followed the new arrivals to an interrogation chamber where he was directed to sit across a silver table. Once they were sure that he wasn't a threat, Fox and two of the guards left the room, leaving the two remaining troopers to watch over Chief.

It wasn't long before the door opened up again and the two guards were replaced by a pair of Jedi Temple guards before Mace Windu and Cin Drallig entered, taking their seats across from the captured supersoldier. Windu spoke the first words to assert his control over the situation. "Master Chief, you and your men are facing some serious allegations that will definitely be presented at trial. Explain yourself, now."

"Sir, the men attacked General Pong Krell under my directives. I gave these directives after being informed that the general orchestrated a friendly fire incident between clones from the 501st and 212th. The objective was to capture Krell but he left us no other option." Master Chief explained methodically, making sure to give clear reasons why Blue Team was firing on a Jedi master. Stroking his chin, Windu looked at the other Jedi master before asking a series of questions. "Master Chief, who informed you of Master Krell's actions?"

"Captain Rex, sir. He was leading the 501st component during the incident when he discovered that they were firing on friendlies."

"Mhm, and you say that Master Krell left you no choice regarding whether or not he could be brought in alive?"

"No sir, he was using a Force hold on me when ARC trooper Fives impaled him with one of his lightsabers. Clone troopers Jesse and June can validate this account of events." Chief finished, maintaining his composure and patience, this was most likely going to be dragged out for a while. Telling him to stay put, the two Jedi masters left as the clone guards returned to their posts. After waiting for about an hour, the two masters returned and informed Chief that he would be pardoned by the Jedi Council for the killing of the now disgraced Pong Krell. However, he would still be taken to trial by the Republic Courts for other allegations that the Council does not have control over.

Thanking the two before being escorted back to Blue Team, Chief entered to see a dishearted group of men that looked absolutely miserable. Asking them what was wrong, 117 was informed by Gears that they had just been informed that their court marshal was scheduled for first thing in the morning and they had until then to find and produce a representative for them. Jumping up, Fives had an idea; "Sir, I might be able to ask for a favour from General Skywalker. I know he is on good terms with some senators who value clones."

"Do it, we need all the help we can get right now and as much as I hate to admit it, we are powerless in this situation and it is all politics from this point onwards." Chief answered briefly before going up to his room. Locking the door before taking a deep breath, John unleashed a barrage of punches against the wall in rage. After leaving around a dozen craters in the concrete wall, Chief finally calmed down enough to step back and think. He hated being used like this as just a puppet and having to suffer for doing the right thing.

Time skip

Turns out that getting an attorney was far easier for Fives than what Blue Team thought. After twiddling their thumbs for about an hour, Senators Padme Amidala and Riyo Chuchi walked in with an escort of four Senate commandos. Saluting the senators and thanking them for deciding to represent them, Senator Amidala said that unfortunately, she would not be able to help because she was required back on Naboo for something. However, Senator Chuchi would be more than happy to represent the men at trial. Thanking the senators once more, Chief walked with her to a briefing room where they could discuss what would be covered at trial. Asking Fives to come with, the ARC trooper hastily jogged up to the pair and left with them to the briefing room.

"Ma'am, before we get started, I think it would be best to just tell us what we are facing." Chief requested, he wanted to know what the allegations were and how solid the prosecution was. "Master Chief, you and your men are being charged with one account of treason, multiple counts of insubordination, five counts of stealing military hardware along with some minor conduct unbecoming charges."

"Treason?! How?!" Fives exploded, he could see where the insubordination and conduct unbecoming charges came from but this was absurd. The only traitor was Krell and he had his sentence served to him in the form of a lightsaber through the chest. "ARC trooper Fives, please calm down. You being upset is only going to make things worse."

"Upset?! You ask any clone in there if they are upset about these charges and they'll tell you that they are furious!!" Fives exclaimed while pointing in the direction of Blue Team's room. "We clones were bred to fight this war for the Republic, to defend it to our last. But when we discover that one of our generals betrayed the Republic and did our duty, then we are just thrown under the speeder."

Chuchi pinched the bridge of her nose, this was going to be a tough trial and a long one at best. Explaining to the two soldiers across from her that the treason charge would most likely be dropped if the Jedi stood up for them. However, the theft of a CIS shuttle and three Umbaran starfighters would have to be fought in court along with the insubordination charges. As the three planned their defence, they brought in the men one by one to brief them on the situation and to get the story straight from all contributing members.

Suddenly, Fordo busted through the door to tell Chief something important. Informing his friend that the head of the prosecution was none other than Admiral Tarkin, Chief could feel his blood start to boil as the betrayal seeped into the crevices of his armour and soul.