New assignments

Jedi Temple - Coruscant

Upon his arrival, Chief's transport was immediately swamped with Jedi Temple guards and Jedi Masters. Everyone wanted to see what this rumoured savage looked like. Once the ship's doors were opened, Temple guards quickly escorted the corpse to a gunship that would take the deceased body to the Republic medical centre where it would be analysed to see how it had been altered.

In the meantime, Master Chief was summoned by the Council, apparently, they wanted a personal debrief of the events that had transpired. On his way to the lift, a few younglings ran past him with open eyes as they blatantly stared at the green supersoldier. Once Chief finally reached the elevator, the two Temple guards that had been escorting him stayed behind as 117 sped up to the top of the Temple.

After saluting Grandmaster Yoda and standing at ease, Chief gave the Council a detailed report of the events that had taken place. From the stealth insertion on Serenno to the encounter and death of Savage Opress on the beaches of Kashyyk. Following his conclusion, the Jedi Masters looked at each other in amazement, clearly impressed by the supersoldier's productivity and feats. What would have taken them probably weeks to track down, Chief managed to do in two days. After a small conversation between Council members, Chief was dismissed from the Council Chambers. Quickly saluting the Grandmaster once more, 117 returned to the elevator and sped back down to the lower levels.

Upon exiting, he was greeted by a man in an officer's uniform that seemed to really want to talk to him. Acknowledging the young officer, the man introduced himself as Captain Tarkin. Speaking with an authoritarian voice, Tarkin informed Master Chief that the Chancellor wanted to meet him personally. Politely declining the offer, the Captain insisted that it wasn't a suggestion. Though Tarkin couldn't see it, Chief rolled his tired eyes behind his visor as he reluctantly agreed to go with the officer.

Time skip

The Senate - Coruscant

Though he was honoured to be summoned by the Chancellor of the Republic, Chief honestly saw this as a waste of time. Preferring to be deployed on the front lines or to be with his men, not making small talk with politicians and ass-kissing higher-ups. Anyways, here he was, walking up to Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's office with an ego-driven officer breathing down his neck.

As the doors slid open and the two sentries came to attention, Master Chief's eyes locked on a middle-aged man in a long and elegant robe. Though not a word had been spoken, Chief had an idea where this conversation was going, the Chancellor was going to try and recruit him to some 'special assignment' that meant he had to be pulled away from his men in the 501st.

"Ahh, as I live and breathe, so the rumours are true. The Republic has a new hero to defend it." The Chancellor spoke in a manner only politicians could. "Thank you sir, but I am just another cog in the machine, doing what I must for the Republic."

"What if I told you that I have a perfect position to put you in? A place where you can do the most for the Republic." Palpatine soothed before turned around to walk towards his chair. Taking this as his signal to continue the brief, Tarkin continued. "The Republic Security Agency, or R.S.A, is a top secret programme that I have put together that deals with threats both external an internal. Now, I already have all the technicians, analyst and administrators, but I still require a group of operatives that can guarantee the success of a mission."

Though no-one could hear it, the little voice in 117's head was screaming at him 'I told you so', mentally rubbing his temples, Chief proceeded to ask if they were asking him to transfer over. "Well of course 117, with your recent string of victories against the Separatist in the Geonosian theatre along with your new success in killing the Zabrak brute. Now, you will not be doing this on your own, I will shortly hand-picking the most loyal commandoes the Kaminoans have to offer to bolster the ranks and even out the squad."

Chief did not like this plan for two reasons, one; Tarkin acted like he owned everyone beneath him, and two; Chief was not leaving Blue Team behind for some stupid taskforce where he would be taking orders from some ego-driven officer with an agenda. "With respect sir, I must decline the offer. Those victories you were talking about, they would not have been nearly as decisive if Blue Team wasn't there to back me up."

Seeing the opportunity to slither back into the conversation, Palpatine spoke up from the comfort of his chair. "Master Chief, surely we can find a way to overcome this little problem."

"I'm sorry sir, but I'm staying with my team." Master Chief held his ground, clearly not affected by the Chancellor's charisma and charm that many others fell victim to.

"So be it, I'll then just request that this Blue Team be transferred across with you. I'm sure General Skywalker wouldn't mind sparing a few troops for a friend." Palpatine said with a small smirk appearing on the end of his mouth, as if something sinister was brewing in his head. After saluting the Chancellor and being dismissed, Chief walked out of the doorway and straight towards the nearest designated military platform, clearly not wanting to be there any longer. Pissed off was an understatement, Chief had been coerced to come here and was now being forced away from the battlefield and to some 'special assignment' that was probably just some political card that Tarkin and Palpatine could play later on when they needed to.