Conspiracy

Kuat Drive Yards

Since Felucia, Blue Team was on a roll, moving from one operation to the next, winning every single time. They had fought all across the galaxy, stopping Separatist incursions on Kashyyk, Geonosis, Ryloth and even the small uprising on Corellia. Now the Spirit of Fire was docked at one of KDY's research yards, they were picking up a prototype fighter that was in the running for a major Republic military contract.

Called the Twin Ion Engine starfighter, or TIE fighter. The contract was that the selected fighter would be produced in the tens of thousands and shipped to regional planetary defense forces. The idea was that if PDF's could defend themselves from minor threats like pirates and smugglers, then the Republic could focus it's clone forces to combating the Separatist.

The TIE fighter was a very minimalist fighter, coming in with a central pod that carried one pilot, the fighter had twin laser cannons located just below the main window. But the most prominent feature of the ship were the two large hexagonal wings mounted on either side of the cockpit. Both Blitz and Streak thought the ship was an absolute joke given its missing features like shields, hyperdrive and very short range.

"This thing won't even make it off the flight deck, what chance is it gonna have against a droid Tri-fighter or even a standard Vulture droid." Streak commented after being told that he would be flying the prototype to Coruscant. Safe to say he was reluctant at best, at worst; insubordinate. After arguing with the KDY technicians for 10 minutes, the group finally agreed to break apart the fighter into the pod and two wings before loading it on the Spirit of Fire.

But before they could depart, a message came in from Captain Rex, he needed Fives back with the 501st for the moment. Apparently there was a massive siege on Ringo Vinda and Rex needed another squad leader that he could depend on. Unfortunately, Blue Team were under strict orders to deliver the prototype starfighter to Coruscant.

Against his better judgement, Chief ordered Fives to go assist Rex on Ringo Vinda but to keep him in the loop. If anything started going south, Blue Team would be there to finish the fight like always. 

"Thanks Chief, I'll stay in touch." Fives replied before throwing up his arm in a salute. Returning the salute, Chief watched as his 2nd-in-command departed for his assignment.

Time Skip

Coruscant

After delivering the TIE fighter and receiving comments from other clone pilots that were similar to Streak's, the KDY technicians that came along had enough. Throwing a massive fit and saying that the TIE fighter wasn't meant to be the best but it was affordable and good at it's job. "Yeah crashing!"

"Who said that?!" One of the technicians called out, unfortunately for him, the clone that yelled out was one of the best pilots in the whole GAR; Warthog. "I said it, and I'm not changing my statement! I could even beat that thing in an old V-19 Torrent starfighter, and that's a mediocre dogfighter at best."

"Well then, how about a challenge then, you fly your V-19 and we'll put a pilot in the TIE, training parameters. Loser has to admit that their fighter is the worse one."

"Deal." Oddball accepted, meanwhile Chief and Blue Team were watching intently, this was all very entertaining. After gearing up and igniting their thrusters, the two fighters were off and it didn't take  long for Oddball to wipe the floor with the TIE fighter.

But before Chief could congratulate the ace pilot, an urgent transmission came through from Fives. He was caught up in some conspiracy and was being transported to Coruscant for a 'medical psychological assessment'. The details didn't matter to Chief, his brother was in trouble and he would be damned if he was there for him. Saving the new comm number to his suit's database, Chief took a transport over to the medical center and demanded to be allowed to see Fives. The head nurse told him that only authorized personnel were allowed in to that section.