Mandalore

Jedi Temple - Coruscant

Even though Barriss Offee was deemed the traitor that bombed the Temple, there was still no sign of Ahsoka. Leaving Anakin devastated, feeling that he had really lost her this time. As a result, the Council paired him with Master Kenobi again for the time being whilst their two units did a combined offensive in the Outer Rim. 

But before the fleet departed, the Council called in Skywalker, Master Chief and Captain Rex to one of their briefing rooms. Explaining that the renegade Sith Lord Darth Maul has seized the planet of Mandalore and that Bo Katan of the Night Owls has requested Republic assistance in taking back the planet. The Council had reviewed the intel provided by Lady Bo Katan and deemed Maul as a credible threat.

However, Skywalker and his men were still needed to help the offensive in the Outer Rim, meaning that they could only send one ship to the battle. Seeing where this was going, Chief merely sat back and listened as Windu ordered the spartan and clone to command the operation on Mandalore alongside Bo Katan.

Expecting outrage from Skywalker, Chief heard none. Anakin informed the two that he trusted them with his life and the lives of every man they were taking with them. Saluting the two generals in the room, Chief and Rex left to go board the Intrepid.

Time skip

Nevaro

In recent months the 501st had grown exponentially in numbers given their string of victories, earning them access to more clones, tanks, starfighters, ship etc. Now the 501st was made up primarily of three Venator class cruisers which included the Independence, Intrepid and Resolute, the last being the flagship. However, the fleet often got more ships to tag along depending on what the operation was and what the 501st needed.

But for the Mandalore operation, only one Venator was needed and the Intrepid was the ship for the job. Outfitted with improved point-defense cannons and missile launchers, the Intrepid was more suited to fight against hordes of starfighters compared to fighting large battleships. The reason for this being that it carried a reduced starfighter compliments of only 6 ARC-170's, 20 Y-wings, and 16 V-wings.

But the lack of starfighters was definitely made up for in cargo space for ground assault vehicles including LAAT gunships, AT-TE walkers, AT-RT scout walkers, BARC speeders and AV-7 cannons. Meaning that this ship was perfectly suited to take on the full force of what Mandalore had to offer.

As some Night Owl transports landed in the hangar bay, Captain Rex walked out to greet the arrivals of the Mandalorian part of this invasion. But as an added precaution, the Bad Batch was also tagging along for this assignment. Turns out, the criminal empire that they were tracking the last couple of weeks led right to Maul and his Mandalorians.

So while Crosshair, Tech and Wrecker were getting ready onboard the Marauder, Hunter was walking with Chief up to the command centre so that they could go over the plan with Bo Katan. After introductions were made, the group got right into it, the 501st would make a direct assault on the Capitol with support from the Night Owls. After securing a foothold, tanks could be brought down alongside medical aid for any civilians caught in the crossfire.

Captain Rex would secure the streets, the sooner they got control of that, the less civilians would be hurt. The puppet ruler Almec would probably be held up in the prison compound, the most fortified building in the city. Bo Katan alongside Clone Force 99 would take care of that, leaving Maul. "This is why I wanted a Jedi to come." Bo pointed out.

"Don't worry, we have him." Hunter said, pointing his thumb towards Chief. "Ah yes, the spartan. Your kind fought for the Old Republic, destroying entire armies for them. We tell stories about your combat prowess to the children, making you out to be the greatest warriors in history, second only to the Mandalorians of old. Now we'll see if those legends are true, spartan."