Rallying the troops

Across the galaxy

The two hours were hell incarnate, clone troopers around the galaxy turned and fired their weapons on the same people whom they swore to fight alongside. There were thousands of Jedi across the galaxy, now there were only a few dozen and they were dropping fast. Luckily, some units did not execute the order thanks to them removing their inhibitor chips. However, these clones were by far in the minority. Outgunned a thousand to one, the clones were scattered throughout the galaxy.

Dathomir

Onboard the Pillar of Autumn, everyone went into overdrive as soon as they heard the news. Fordo's ARC troopers were sent out almost immediately to go look for any Jedi survivors in some of the biggest theatres in the war, but so far they had found nothing.

Back on the Autumn, everyone else was preparing the ship for war, if there was even the slimmest chance that the Autumn's location was compromised, then there would be a fleet of Venators here in a matter of hours. Everyone's hearts skipped a beat when two Venators jumped out of hyperspace and was moving straight towards the ancient battleship. On the bridge, Fives was thinking that this would be their last few minutes, but just as he was about to give the order to engage, a transmission came through.

It was from Rex, turns out that the Intrepid had rendezvoused with the Triumphant, the flagship of the 104th. But unfortunately, only a fraction of the Wolfpack got their chips removed by the time the order went out. So with no other option, Plo Koon and Commander Wolffe had to take what troops they could and leave with only one out of six ships. No one knows what happened to the Bad Batch, they got re-assigned just as the Battle of Mandalore came to a close. Who knows where they went or if they were even still friendly.

Despite their loses, there was a workload like no other ahead of them; starting with cataloging their inventory and manpower. Next was getting the fleet to a location where no-one would find them. But for now, all the officers went over to the Autumn to confer on what has just happened.

Time skip

Yavin 4

Over the next five hours, Chief's luck couldn't have been better; Fordo along with Thorn, Shaak Ti, Mace Windu, and a group of younglings managed to steal a Republic Cruiser and pilot their way to the fleet. Commander Cody along with Obi-wan and a handful of troops commandeered an Arquitens class light cruiser and pick up Master Yoda on the way.

The Alpha-class ARC troopers were also successful in their rescue attempts; rescuing Aayla Secura and Commander Bly on Felucia before the 127th got the order to engage. But that was pretty much were the good news ended. According to Shaak Ti, Anakin Skywalker turned to the dark side and was now under the control of the Sith Lord Palpatine.

Windu had severe nerve damage from Force lightning along with a missing hand and was currently in a coma. All other members of the Council were presumed captured or most likely dead. That left two clear priorities; one, keep the fleet on the move and hidden from the rest of the GAR. Two; Anakin Skywalker, Obi-wan was convinced that he could turn Anakin back to the light with the right push. Getting the go ahead from Yoda but with lots of warning, Kenobi took with him Ahsoka, and Rex.

At this point Blue Team was dying for an assignment, being cooped up in the Autumn for weeks at this point with no communication with the outside world. Chief said that Blue Team will go back to Coruscant to gather intel on Palpatine. Including his true inner circle, potential future plans and what he was doing regarding a good chunk of the 501st deserting. Getting the green light, they would travel with Kenobi via the Forward Unto Dawn.

In the meantime, the rest of the fleet would lay low with the exception of the Fordo and his ARC troopers who would keep on looking for more survivors. Given how emotions were running high for all the Jedi onboard, Commander Cody was placed in charge of the fleet until a permanent command structure could be established.

As Blue Team got ready to go on basically another suicide mission, Shaak slipped into Fives' barracks room. Holding him tightly in her arms, the Jedi Master made him promise to come back to her. "Yes Ma'am." Fives said before placing a kiss on her forehead. Heading out to the hangar, Chief was already waiting with Blue Team as the love-struck ARC trooper got on the transport.

Following Obi-wan, Ahsoka and Rex's arrival, Blitz and Streak fired up the engines as the Dawn departed for Coruscant, the most heavily defended planet in the galaxy at the moment.