Outpost

Rodian system - Asteroid Field

Dropping out of the silent state of hyperspace, Master Chief started scanning for electronic signals among the thousands of different asteroids. Detecting a strong signal near his current position, Chief steered his V-19 Torrent starfighter towards the source. Suddenly, multiple warnings appeared on the console, alerting Chief of a hostile presence.

Looking out the canopy, Master Chief counted four vulture droids heading towards him on an intercept trajectory. Banking hard to the left, Chief made the fighters chase him through the asteroid field. Managing to gain a lock on one of his pursuers, Chief made quick work of the droid by blasting it with his starfighter's two large guns.

Unfortunately, the remaining three weren't giving up so easily, remaining on his six and blasting the surrounding rocks to pieces, Chief had to improvise. Going through an opening in one of the larger asteroids, 117 detached his hyperdrive ring and got his ship out of there.

It wasn't long before an explosion could be seen erupting from the asteroid as the trio of vulture droids collided with the obstacle. Continuing on, Chief followed the signal to a large asteroid. Coming around, Master Chief saw the base, a main hanger containing hundreds of battle droids that were maintaining and preparing vulture droids and bombers to intercept passing Republic ships. Before Chief made his move, a communication came through on his HUD.

"Hello! Is anyone out there?! This is CT-1049, we are pinned down inside the Separatist base and could really use an assist!" The trooper called over the radio, Chief wasn't surprised to find out that the team had already engaged the outpost and were in over their heads. Nonetheless, he made his presence known. "This is Sierra one one seven of the Grand Army of the Republic. Trooper, what's your status?"

"Master Chief?! Man are we glad to hear from friendly forces, when we landed we got separated from our ship and now we are trapped in a corridor about 80 meters from the hangar." The clone replied hastily, blaster fire sounding from behind him as the team took oncoming fire. "Stay put, I'll rendevous with you at your current location, one one seven out."

Switching off the comm, Chief gunned the throttle and steered the ship on a direct bearing towards the main hangar. Leaping out from the cockpit moments before impact into the emptiness of space, Chief observed the starfighter crash into the hangar. Guiding himself inside with his thrusters, 117 landed on the metal floors with a solid thud.

The droids that survived the starfighter onslaught didn't have a much better chance against the sage warrior tearing through their ranks. Using his assault rifle, Chief made quick work of the dozen or so B1 battle droids that stood between him and the hangar's exit. After breaking off the last one's head clean from its torso, Chief looked towards the corridor as two columns of super battle droids emerged. Deploying one of his thermal grenades from his suit's hidden compartments, Chief tossed it in between the ranks of droids as his shields bore the onslaught of blaster bolts coming from his adversaries.

A large explosion sent the new arrivals flying in all directions, smashing their heavy bodies against either the walls or each other, turning their reinforced armour into scrap metal. Walking through the mechanical carnage, the super soldier followed the IFF readings on his HUD as he neared his team.

Mere steps from the corridor, 117 halted in his tracks. Listening to the sounds of shouts and blasterfire, he removed one of his droid poppers. Sprinting towards the firefight, Chief deployed the stun grenade, causing his shields to short-circuit. However, the blast radius was large enough to take out a fair chunk out of the droid forces in the corridor. Firing a barrage of blaster bolts at the mechanical forces between him and the clones, Chief soon joined them as the last couple of droids retreated to regroup.