Stay

____________________
III. Stay
____________________

"Dead?" Pietro repeated. That was it, he was sure he wasn't in reality anymore. There was simply too much for him to comprehend. His mind began to run so quickly he had trouble keeping up. Did that mean Wanda was gone? Did he take part in the supposed disaster in Sokovia? Was that why those people wanted him dead.

"I never saw anything official about his death. Maybe that was just a rumour. It had to be, people don't just come back from the dead. You know that Roman," Nadia told them, keeping her voice carefully even. Both men seemed dazed, Pietro was even bordering on hysterical.

"I don't have time for any of this, I need to find Wanda!" He exclaimed, jumping up from the stool and getting ready to charge out the door.

Nadia surged forward and grabbed his shirt with uncharacteristic boldness. "And just how do you plan to do that? Nearly everyone here wants you dead, you have nothing to your name and you don't even remember the past few months."

Pietro didn't say anything. He just looked to the door like he was considering leaving anyways.

"Just let us help you, even for a few days," Nadia pleaded. "We can show you what's happened where you don't remember."

Pietro stayed silent for a while longer, considering her words carefully. His gaze turned from Nadia to Roman and then back. "And why don't you two want me dead like everyone else does?"

"Because there are some of us who are smart enough to realize that the disaster was the work of Tony Stark and not everyone else. Even more so, we'd all be dead if it weren't for the Avengersーeven Iron Man," Roman spoke up. "And opportunities like this don't happen often in life. It's not every day you get to help a superhero," a slight smile appeared on his face.

Reluctantly, Pietro stepped away from the door and back over to the counter.

"Start with the disaster in Sokovia first. What happened?" Pietro asked.

"Apparently a robot made by Tony Stark went rogue and decided to kill humanity. It took part of the city up in the air and there were thousands of robots attacking everyone else. All of the Avengers were present trying to stop it, and they succeeded, but it was too late for some people. Thousands of innocent people died that day. Luckily, we're pretty far removed from all of that here," Roman explained. "Sometimes it seems too crazy to have happened, but the evidence is all around us."

"And so Stark just got away with this all?" Pietro questioned angrily. It wasn't enough that he'd been the cause of his parent's deaths, apparently Stark had to destroy his home too.

"Yes. Everyone here wants him to pay for what he's done, but he's not a citizen from here and America isn't about to just hand him over," Roman explained.

"And he'd put up on hell of a fight if they tried," Nadia added.

"... My sister is with them, right?"

"Yes," Nadia answered.

Pietro frowned. How could Wanda possibly stand on the same side as Stark? It was unthinkable to Pietroーthe man was the cause of their parents death! It almost felt as though he'd woken up in a world where everyone had gone crazy. And he'd thought an alien invasion was insane.

Nadia pulled her phone from her pocket and quickly typed in something before setting it down on the counter in front of Pietro. "This is footage from a train that derailed in South Korea."