Revelations

Vitaliya Shvedov was an impatient woman. The power her father held politically and in more 'shady' ways, was also possessed by herself, something she loved to use to her own advantage. Especially in situations such as the one she found herself in currently.

Sneering at the man who walked away from her desk after reporting some news of failure, she turned her focus onto Roman, who had just entered her office.

"It's nice to finally see you again, Roman," she greeted with a forced smile.

Whether or not he could discern the difference between her smiles, he carried on unperturbed, his face neutral. "It's nice to be back in Sokovia."

"I got your message about the fire incident at SHIELD, good job on that by the way. Do any of them know of the Maximoff's conditions?" Vitaliya questioned sharply.

"They do. Pietro told them of it," Roman answered. "However, they don't know Pietro's and Wanda's conditions can worsen."

Vitaliya grinned. Roman's news meant that her planning was not a waste of her time or her father's resources. Finally, she knew she could have a chance for her name to go down in history, and she could make her country great again; even a world power.

She stood up from her oak desk and walked around it to stand face to face with Roman. "You have started something greater than yourself, I'll see to that you are rewarded justly. Now, all that's left is uprooting SHEILD without them knowing it. Do you have the flash drive with you?"

Roman nodded, and fished for an object in his pocket, then held it out in his hand for Vitaliya.

She took the small device out of his hand slowly, as if it were a godly object that could break with the slightest movement.

"Thanks to you, this was all possible."

-

It had been days since Roman's betrayal, and even longer since Nadia had been able to talk to Pietro properly. He had been all over the place, and seeing as he was the only other person in the entire SHIELD complex that spoke in her language fluently, she felt herself slowly growing angry. She had nobody to talk to, and Roman's betrayal was still fresh in her head thus, never far from her heart.

She wanted to help, in anyway. Even if it was simply helping medically, she'd do it. She was far from her home, separated from her parents, and betrayed by her closest friend. the only person she held dear was constantly kept busy. Occasionally, Nadia got up to talk to Wanda, despite not knowing her well. But Wanda tired easily, due to the poison and had lots to do. Yet again leaving Nadia by herself.

Nadia wanted to help, no she needed to help, but nobody would let her. After Roman's betrayal, she was 'not to be trusted'. Nadia could understand the reasoning, but it didn't make her any less offended.

Nadia sat against the wall in her shared room, and out her head down willing herself not to cry. Her entire life had been shattered; torn to pieces by the whole situation she had happened upon by chance. Finally, the tears spilled over. No matter how much Nadia tried, she couldn't keep them in. The silent room was filled by her muffled cries.

The door to her room slipped open, causing Nadia to jump and wipe at her eyes furiously.

"Nadia?" Pietro questioned, noticing her glassy eyes and sniffles.

"Yeah?" she replied as casually as she could, wincing as her voice cracked.

Pietro frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong."

"Yes there is, you were crying. That much is clear."

Feeling it was hopeless to pretend she hadn't just been crying, Nadia stood up. "I don't have any direction in life anymore. I'm no longer in university, I can never go back home and my English is terrible. I'm stuck at this facility because I 'm not trusted and I want to help, but I'm not allowed."

"We're going to figure out the whole Sokovia thing, don't worry. We just-"

Nadia cut him off, "But that could take months! I need to be doing something, or I'll go crazy-"

Then Pietro cut her off, "You don't have to worry! We just found-"

"But I do have to worry! I don't-"

"Let me finish! We just found a huge lead and I am going to ask Agent Hill about letting you help the medical staff."

A huge wave of emotion overtook her, and before she could catch up with her thoughts, her lips were on his. His eyes widened, then closed and he kissed her back.

It wasn't like Pietro didn't know how she felt, or how he felt for that matter - they had been interrupted before - But it was still surprising to actually be kissed by her. They had met through odd circumstances and had a positive relationship, but now that it their feelings were actually being acknowledged by the kiss, it felt new and exciting.

The two finally broke apart, with Nadia speaking first. "Thank you."

"That's all you have to say?" Pietro asked with a smirk.

Nadia finally broke into a sll smile smile, "And what else should I say say?"

"How about 'wow you're such a great kisser' or 'that was amazing'."

"More like, I'm glad that finally happened," she mumbled back.

"That's good too," he laughed, "But I had to come back to get a jacket. I'm going to investigate a smaller lead we found before we investigate the other one. I'll be with Rogers and Barton, but you can go visit Wanda now, she's feeling slightly better."

Nadia's lightened spirit damped upon hearing his words, then she remembered what he said about Agent Hill. "Just be sure to talk to Hill, okay?"

He nodded, selecting a jacket from the closet before suddenly collapsing on the floor.

"Pietro?" Nadia asked worriedly, running over to him.

He let out a pained moan before it turned into full blown screaming. He was clutching his head tightly to the point where his knuckles were turning white.

Nadia check his pulse to find it was going at an extreme rate.

"Pietro what's wrong?!"

"My... head," he managed, before contracting his muscles from a wave of more pain.

Nothing in Nadia's mind was popping up. She'd never heard of symptoms such as he had being a common medical problem. Maybe it was that voice he heard in his head.

"Is it the voice?"

He nodded.

-

AN: Sorry for my long absence. I'm planning on finishing the rest of this story quickly, don't worry. ^.^

Thanks for all the kind comments, they actually keep me going and keep my confidence up, which is something that often interferes with updates.

(I've also corrected multiple mistakes in this chapter, my bad)