Chapter 1 - Selene

Today is one of the first days of spring that the weather is perfect; sunny with a light breeze. I know I should despise the sun because I hate my brother, but I love spring weather.

To take advantage of it, I decide to go for a walk down Fifth Avenue. There is no better way to spend this wonderful day than spending money on some expensive and probably unnecessary stuff.

Money can bring one happiness.

A few hours later, I am heading home with 5 different bags in my hands. I put them all in one hand, and I use the other to check my phone as I walk. My assistant emailed me the work schedule for next week and after a quick look, I give her the green light to print it out for the girls.

"I swear I left him right here" I hear someone say as I pass from behind them

"Right here on the sidewalk or there where the building is being demolished? Great planning". This voice I do recognize though.

"How was I supposed to know? I can't see into the future I'm not a witch" the dark haired one responds

"No? Then why do you dress like one?"

"Hey!".

"Hi!" I step in front of them

"Luna?" Thor smiles as his eyes land on me

"Yes" I confirm

"It's so good to see you again" he pulls me in a hug and I pretend like I am not uncomfortable.

That moment, I make eye contact with the other man that is standing next to Thor. His blue eyes are almost glowing through his pale skin, black hair and black suit. Something happens in my stomach and I don't like it, because he is staring down at me intimidatingly.

This has to be a bad sign.

Thor finally lets me go and we break eye contact.

"It's good to see you too. It's been a while" I say

"Yes, I am truly sorry. I was rather busy" he replies

"That's alright. I am busy too actually, I just had some little time for myself" I look down at the numerous bags in my hand

"Do you need help with that?" he offers

"Oh no, that's alright. Thank you".

I turn to the other one, who hasn't taken his eyes off me since I first spoke.

"And you must be Loki" I offer my hand out to him.

He hides his surprise. He ignores my gesture but doesn't break eye contact. I don't break it either and I stare for as long as he stares. It's like he's examining me.

"Loki, this is Luna" Thor intervenes

"Mhm..." Loki only hums.

He knows. No, he can't know.

My phone rings, causing me to break first. I look at the caller ID and I rejected it.

"Ok. I would invite you to dinner but I have to be somewhere else now" I say

"We do too, actually, but thank you" Thor replies

"Of course. Let me know when you're free and we could schedule something then" I suggest

"I will"

"Great. Bye"

"Goodbye".

I turn my back to them and I start to walk away. But I can still feel his eyes on me. Not Thor's. Loki's eyes.