Chapter 17 - Selene

Loki is different. Good different. I can't believe what he did and said last night in front of all those people. I want to be mad at him, but I can't. For the first time, someone is proud of me -not embarrassed- and willing to fight for me. It feels really good knowing that.

I roll on the bed and I take a look at Loki, who's still asleep. I can't contain my smile. I bite my lower and I close my eyes for a moment. When I open them again, he's still there sleeping by my side. Is he ever dreaming of me?

I move closer and I start brushing my fingers through his hair. He wakes up softly, letting me continue to touch him.

"Morning" he mumbles

"Good morning" I reply.

He finally opens his eyes, and my smile gets wider. "Someone's cheerful" he comments

"Indeed" I lean forward and I kiss him.

He holds my face as I pull away and rubs my cheeks. "You look even more beautiful than last night" he says

I drop my head blushing. "No, no, eyes here. You are adorable when you blush" he smiles and kisses me.

"Stop..." I complain embarrassed

When did I start blushing at compliments?

"Never" he chuckles and kisses me again.

"Not that I'm complaining, but shouldn't you be home already?" I wonder

"I meant what I said last night, Selene. I don't care if they find out about us" he reminds me.

"Why did we even care about their opinion or what happens to them in the first place? Theia didn't care when she threw you at the deadly serpent. Odin didn't care when I was literally falling to my death. Right now, they're all looking to protect themselves, not us" he explains.

I can't deny that he has a point. But then I process every sentence he said.

"Falling to your death...?" I ask intrigued.

Loki drops his gaze and shallows hard. Still laying down, I put my hand on his chest. He places his hand over mine and rubs it softly.

"Did you really...?" I wonder.

"Yes" he almost whispers eventually.

My heart sinks. I squeeze his hand. At the same time, I lift my head from the pillow and I rest it on his chest. He wraps his other hand around me and kisses my head.

"Things are better now, right?" I ask

"Definitely" he kisses my head again. "Besides you, my family has started warming up to me again. Except Odin. It's fine though, I will gladly continue to ignore him"

"Good" I snuggle against him again.

I stay on his chest and he continues to hold me. He lets out a long breath, and my head moves as his chest deflates.

The quiet interrupts loud banging from the door.

"Took them long enough..." I comment as I get out of bed.

Loki takes my hand to stop me "Maybe you should stay here. I'll handle it" he suggests

"Oh, shut up" I leave the room with him.

I check who it is before opening the door. "Thor! I didn't know you were coming" I speak cheerfully

"My brother" he demands

"What about him?"

"I know he's here, so step aside or I will--"

"You'll do what?" Loki's protective voice sounds from behind me.

He steps in front of me and comes toe to toe with his brother. Neither of them speaks. They stare at each other with anger written all over their faces.

"Are you having a staring contest?" I wonder

"I don't know, are we?" Loki replies, determined to crush his brother at whatever little game they have on at the moment.

"Father has demanded your presence" Thor reveals

"Tell him that I am very heartbroken to have to deny his invitation" Loki says ironically

"It was an order" Thor adds

"I don't care. I have with better things to do".

"This won't end well, brother" Thor warns him

"We'll see" Loki smiles and shuts the door in his face.

As soon as he does, I grab him by the collar of his shirt and I crush my lips on his. I kiss him hungrily and passionately. My tongue inside his mouth, my hands all over him. I feel the smile on his lips as I make it clear that I can't get enough of him.

I pull away a few inches to breathe.

"What was that for?" Loki smiles

"You're really hot when you get like that" I admit.

He smiles even more and kisses me again. He picks me up and sits me on the nearest table. My hands travel down his body and caress his already hardening cock over his pants.

I feel his small moan as a vibration against my lips. And without waisting another second, his fingers sneak inside my pants. He buries two fingers between my folds and feels my growing wetness.

The moment he touches my clit, I drop my head back in a loud moan. Loki's lips travel down my neck, leaving a trail of kisses behind.

He continues to circle my clit, brushing over that sensitive spot on the side every time.

"Loki..." I moan as I arch my body towards him.

I open my eyes but instead of looking at Loki, I see someone else standing a few feet behind him. My brother is standing against the wall with his arms crossed, just waiting to be noticed.

I freeze and I tap on Loki's shoulder. He stops but doesn't turn around. He stays in front of me, shielding my body from the other set of eyes in the room. He takes his hand out and adjusts the rim of my pants for me.

"At least your brother knocked..." I comment

"Please, go on. I've never seen you this happy, sister" Helios says

"Consent is usually a big part in that" Loki replies to him.

"Aw, she told you her little sad story? How adorable that you two have gotten so close..." Helios mocks.

I hate everything about that smug in his face right now. I almost jump at him, but Loki's grip on my hips tightens to hold me down.

"Was she crying her manipulative tears when she told you? Did you tear up when you heard? Did you feel bad for her?" he asks.

This time I jump, and Loki has to catch me by the waist only an inch before I reach Helios. He keeps standing there unbothered which is pissing me off even more.

"I know we are enemies, Loki. But I'm here to warn you. Not for a war or whatever Hyperion and Odin have against each other. I'm here to warn you. You don't want to get involved in this... mess. Selene is--"

"Shut up" Loki cuts him off. "Let me warn you about something, Helios. If one more word comes out of your mouth, you won't return home whole"

"You're threatening me?" he chuckles

"Exactly" Loki smirks.

"Alright..." Helios steps away from the wall. "Just so you know, father is on his way to see Odin" he informs us.

That can't be good...